• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Selection Show

And, yet, we should be wary of how GOOD they are? Right?

As you know, I thought, their winning most of their games from the 3 same teams is a joke!

I am not suggesting they will be a push over but geez... one 3 games series and now they are world beaters.

I think NU has a very good chance against them because aside from that one series, they have done nothing.

I still think, despite NU not playing OOC games the big 10 competition is still better than those 3 teams they played 24 games against.

I predict an NU win.. something like 5-3 (give or take depending on who starts)

Last edited:

Forget all the “in depth”…

This ain’t football…little schools REGULARLY beat bigger schools…

It’s the wildly unpredictable world of Baseball my friends.

And as @HuskerWeatherman said…Coastal Carolina won the CWS just a short time ago.

And yes our seeding sucked! Yes, Northern schools get zero respect in Baseball, Yes, the BiG sucks…and yup, Northeastern played the same schools a bezillion times.

But forget all that….

focus on:
Beat who you play
Win the series

I think that’s the formula that got us here and it’s also tried and true formula for success in Baseball.

Let ‘em throw their Ace…and we throw ours, methinks. Didn’t that just happen with a Michigan kid who had NEVER lost in his career at Michigan?

We won that game….

Last edited:
BW22SM nails it with this quote -"This isn't just a B1G problem. It's an NCAA selection committee problem. They use criterias that fit their agenda/narrative as those criterias change from team to team". Well said.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no doubt the HUSKERS got the short end of the stick by the selection committee but having said that, the opportunity to shock the college baseball world by winning the regional is the perfect way to respond. While I don't have any problem at all with the HUSKERS playing Arkansas, I would rather not see this possible matchup coming this early in the tournament. With that said, there is always the possibility of the Razorbacks losing their first game and them falling to the loser's bracket, As Romeo Void once sang, Never Say Never, lol. GO BIG RED!!!!!!

I am not suggesting they will be a push over but geez... one 3 games series and now they are world beaters.

I think NU has a very good chance against them because aside from that one series, they have done nothing.

I still think, despite NU not playing OOC games the big 10 competition is still better than those 3 teams they played 24 games against.

I predict an NU win.. something like 5-3 (give or take depending on who starts)
Sounds good.
With solid D, I expect an easy win

There is absolutely no doubt the HUSKERS got the short end of the stick by the selection committee but having said that, the opportunity to shock the college baseball world by winning the regional is the perfect way to respond. While I don't have any problem at all with the HUSKERS playing Arkansas, I would rather not see this possible matchup coming this early in the tournament. With that said, there is always the possibility of the Razorbacks losing their first game and them falling to the loser's bracket, As Romeo Void once sang, Never Say Never, lol. GO BIG RED!!!!!!
Who the heck is Romeo Void??
I will check that out ;)

South Bend Regional

Friday, June 4:
Game 1:
No. 10 Notre Dame 10, Central Michigan 0
Game 2: UConn 6, Michigan 1

Saturday, June 5:
Game 3:
Central Michigan 8, Michigan 2 (Michigan eliminated)
Game 4:
No. 10 Notre Dame 26, UConn 3

Sunday, June 6:
Game 5:
UConn vs. Central Michigan, noon
Game 6: Winner Game 5 vs. No. 10 Notre Dame 6 p.m.

Monday, June 7 (if necessary):
Game 7:
Rematch of Game 6

2021 NCBWA DIVISION I POLL (JUNE 8)​
Rk.SchoolConference
Record
Pvs.
1.ArkansasSEC49-111
2.TexasBig 1245-152
3.VanderbiltSEC43-154
4.TennesseeSEC48-163
5.ArizonaPac-1243-155