• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Selection Show

The Kevin Warren follies roll on. The lack of out of conference games killed Nebraska. Listening to commissioner Sankey from the SEC last night during their conference championship, when asked how he structured the schedule for the season he said the first thing he did was contact the selection committee to see what their priorities were. He learned that out of conference competition was going to be paramount. Mr Warren couldn't even get a schedule together until everyone else was playing games.

My advice to Mr. Warren, quit and disappear. I know that's not going to happen so my second recommendation would be, get Commissioner Sankey on speed dial and do whatever he does.

I would love to know what commissioner Warren considers the the highlights of his tenure.
What this shows is that Kevin F. Warren is not dedicated to athletics. And since he is the commissioner, that is not lost on me. How one would keep their job amongst that ridiculousness is interesting to say the least. please get rid of this lowlife, worthless “leader.” They won’t, but they should. And we are stuck with his sorry A for God knows how long.

Wow! The BIG didn't get any respect at all in the selections. Michigan is a #3 seed in the South Bend Regional. So, the BIG got a very low #2 seed, and two #3 seeds.
And as the B1G Conference Champion, we got the worst draw of the bunch.

I give up looking for things to make sense.
It’s not about whining.
I don’t think it’s a conspiracy.
It’s just the NCAA and Kevin F. Warren have shown us time and time again that they are clueless.
Idiots.
They appear to lack common sense and “leadership” is as poor as can be. Look at how many examples we have just throughout this current year. #MindBoggling

This is what happens when you schedule in conference only.

Nobody really knows WHAT you are or how good you are.

so you either go with a made up RPI as best you can..best guess…or go on some “Reputation” as a conference and this is ominous as hell…

Because it appears that any good rep that has been earned by Indiana or Michigan in the CWS….was pissed away this year by BiG incompetence. Once again…thank you Mr. Warren….NOT!

I also smell a little gamesmanship and TV exec interference… Nebraska-Arky makes for some interesting drama…Van Horn vs Bolt…old vs new…yada, yada…you see where I am going with this…

The good news is nothing fires up a team faster than disrespect…gives them a chip…something to play extra hard for.

And it’s Baseball. NO team is unbeatable and in many instances the underdogs win. A team gets hot…the other a little flat and look out.

All of a sudden you have won or lost a series.

A la Rutgers this year…..

Go get em’ boys! Give ’em hell!

GBR!

I have not seen Northeastern play, but looking at the schedule they had.. they played a good portion of their schedule (outside of the conf tourney) against 3 teams.. Delaware, Hofstra and Townson.. they had other single game teams, but those 3 made a good portion of their schedule.

I like our chances in this game!

24 of their games were against 3 teams

True.

They also played a tournament one-seed, Old Dominion, quite well.

Lost 8-10 in game one, won 6-5 in game two, lost 2-3 in 11 innings in game 3.

Old Dominon is a “local“ team for me…seen them play a couple of times.

Good team with good talent with a LOT of the kids home grown from Tidewater which has produced a ton of pros over the years.

But honestly…they are no better than Nebraska.

Of course I am prejudiced but I think my statement is accurate.

I think the seedings aren’t personal against the teams per se…

It simply is a slap at the BiG saying: “you can’t just do what the hell you want and expect your big Power Five “reputation” to get you what you want.….maybe that works in Football and Basketball….but not here….”

I kind of am surprised because that is EXACTLY what I thought would happen…the BiG get it’s way because it IS Power 5.

Guess not…

Last edited:
Kind of a screw job by the selection committee, but Warren's decisions to be one of the only conferences to prohibit non-conference games and not have a conference tournament clearly played into this. The league champion of what is probably somewhere around the fifth or sixth best conference deserves better than what is effectively the #32 overall seed.

The Kevin Warren follies roll on. The lack of out of conference games killed Nebraska. Listening to commissioner Sankey from the SEC last night during their conference championship, when asked how he structured the schedule for the season he said the first thing he did was contact the selection committee to see what their priorities were. He learned that out of conference competition was going to be paramount. Mr Warren couldn't even get a schedule together until everyone else was playing games.

My advice to Mr. Warren, quit and disappear. I know that's not going to happen so my second recommendation would be, get Commissioner Sankey on speed dial and do whatever he does.

I would love to know what commissioner Warren considers the the highlights of his tenure.
Are gallows still allowed??
He should be hanged!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back