• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Regional Game 3 (Elimination Game): NU vs UConn 12 Noon On ESPN 3

I appreciate all of the regulars here that provide us with play-by-play all season, every season.

And now I'm a Creighton fan for a short period. There's one Big Ten team left -- and that's Michigan. I will root for 99% of teams before I will root for Michigan. So -- let's go Jays.
I think I just won't watch then I don't have to cheer for either.

I was gonna peruse the PBP, but I happened to see the score first. And all I see is that the Huskers flat out gave up. One excuse is as good as another, but a 16 - 1 thrashing to a team we just beat, is giving up. A bad example, when we crushed Washington and later played them in a bowl game, and they shut us down completely. A lot of excuses were floated around, but the truth is, they simply gave up and quit. SAD!

Sad way to end. Total different team than the Friday team. No life from the team. Dugout was quiet. We called in the blue angels and our coordinates were off. My water was warm and the Bratworst was dry-actually the highlight of the game

I think I just won't watch then I don't have to cheer for either.

I grew up in Nebraska with zero expectations for Husker baseball. But every year -- from about the late-70s to mid-80s -- my grandfather took me to the College World Series at Rosenblatt. I loved those experiences. All of the fans from eight different schools, all rolled into one ballpark. So I generally learned to love the sport minus the Huskers being a part of it. I was fortunate to see players like Roger Clemons, Barry Larkin, and Pete Incavalia play in Omaha. Great experience.

Updating a couple scores: UConn beat Okie State this evening -- forcing a deciding game tomorrow. Michigan leads Creighton 3-2 in the 6th.

Arizona State was eliminated earlier today, finishing 3rd in their regional. That was a team that started hot and collapsed the second half of the season. From the start to April through today, ASU went 13-18 and only won one series.

I grew up in Nebraska with zero expectations for Husker baseball. But every year -- from about the late-70s to mid-80s -- my grandfather took me to the College World Series at Rosenblatt. I loved those experiences. All of the fans from eight different schools, all rolled into one ballpark. So I generally learned to love the sport minus the Huskers being a part of it. I was fortunate to see players like Roger Clemons, Barry Larkin, and Pete Incavalia play in Omaha. Great experience.

Updating a couple scores: UConn beat Okie State this evening -- forcing a deciding game tomorrow. Michigan leads Creighton 3-2 in the 6th.
I remember seeing Reggie Jackson play in the CWS for Arizona State. I guess that colors me as old.

Holy moly, Creighton! The Jays were down 7-4 to Michigan heading to the 9th. Scored 7 runs in the top of the 9th to lead 11-7. Michigan currently batting in the bottom of the inning.

Holy moly, Creighton! The Jays were down 7-4 to Michigan heading to the 9th. Scored 7 runs in the top of the 9th to lead 11-7. Michigan currently batting in the bottom of the inning.

Creighton won the game, 11-7, forcing a decisive game Monday night.

Michigan choked that game in similar fashion to our Huskers against Okie State.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back