• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA is a Joke

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
https://www.omaha.com/sports/local-...cle_18036a9d-3338-5c11-ba6d-a53c53bd8838.html

Now, I don't care about Oregon one way or the other. I like Dana and hope he does well but if they never win another game I will be ok. That said, 2 years probation for a basketball operations guy watching individual workouts seems excessive. I get that it's a violation and some sort of punishment is warranted. The article didn't specify that this means they are ineligible for the Dance but I'm guessing it does.

The reason for the thread title is....what is the NCAA going to do about REAL cheating? What about Arizona paying players? How does a program like Louisville not get absolutely GUTTED for paying for players ON TOP of the crap they were already in trouble for?

How can the NCAA be taken seriously when they hammer down on "extra practice" (essentially) but don't get any tougher when it comes to the big stuff. Clowns.

I read several articles and none say there is a post- season ban so I don't think this affects their tournament eligibility.

That doesn't remove this from the realm of the ridiculous. It's like giving someone a ticket for jaywalking while standing idly by as someone else is burglarizing a jewelry store. Maybe Oregon was technically out of compliance but the NCAA has massive credibility issues with the play-for-play. This makes them look even more hapless and incompetent than previously, and that takes takes real effort.

Oregon self-reported for both men's and women's basketball.

Penalties for men's basketball - no postseason ban or loss of scholarships.
  • A two-year show-cause order for the director of men’s basketball operations. Any NCAA member employing him during the period must require him to attend the 2019 and 2020 NCAA Regional Rules Seminars. Oregon took appropriate disciplinary measures, so the committee did not include any other restrictions.
  • The men’s basketball program must reduce the number of countable coaches by one at regular practice for five hours during the 2018-19 season (self-imposed by the university).
  • A $5,000 fine plus 1 percent of each of the men’s and women’s basketball budgets.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...sketball-women-s-track-and-field-and-football

The NCAA will hammer a lesser school for an offense it commits that if a major name school also commits that same offense, will get a slap on the wrist.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back