• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Extends Recruiting Dead Period Through 31 July

giphy.gif

For the record Its not 8 weeks its only 4 as it had already been extended through the end of June awhile back.
My apologies. I had it in my head that June 1 was when it ended with athletes coming back to campus and what not.

Arguments could be made on both sides

I am not a big fan of the NCAA but they are in a tough place on this one
Yeah, I guess that they are. I think that we will all feel a whole lot better when the first game of the season is played.

I saw that significantly more kids have already committed this year compare to the same date last year. Not worried about our own class at this time, but fewer and fewer kids will be left on the board when this does open up, which hurts us as a team that makes lots of offers and tries to get as many kids to campus with an open mind as possible. I worry this will help the rich get richer...not that they needed any assistance with that.

I can't believe this would be good for our recruiting. Bama and OhSU it probably won't affect. I know the NCAA isn't doing this to screw us, but it seems that's how it's working out. Makes it tougher for HCSF and Co.

Is there some reason they couldnt wait until mid June to decide this? The country is making a million different experiments every day on how to address all these issues and we'll have a lot more information each week.

This is like punting on third down.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back