• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA 2020 wrestling championship - CANCELLED

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member
Nebraska's NCAA Championships Lineup*
125:
#29 Alex Thomsen RFr. • Neola, Iowa (13-15)
133: #14 Ridge Lovett Fr. • Post Falls, Idaho (17-8)
141: #6 Chad Red Jr. Jr. • Indianapolis, Ind. (19-7)
149: #9 Collin Purinton Sr. • Banks, Ore. (18-9)
157: #13 Peyton Robb RFr. • Owatonna, Minn. (20-6)
165: #5 Isaiah White Sr. • Chicago, Ill. (20-4)
174: #10 Mikey Labriola So. • Easton, Pa. (20-10)
184: #7 Taylor Venz Jr. • Farmington, Minn. (20-8)
197: #3 Eric Schultz Jr. • Tinley Park, Ill. (23-4)
285: #21 David Jensen Sr. • Mobridge, S.D. (17-6)
*The number next to each wrestler's name indicates their seeding.

2020 NCAA Wrestling Championships Session Breakdown:
Thursday, March 19

• Session I -- Pigtails & Opening rounds
• 11 a.m. - ESPNU
• Session II -- Second round & Consolation matches
6 p.m. - ESPN

Friday, March 20

• Session III -- Quarterfinals & Consolation matches
• 10 a.m. - ESPNU
• Session IV -- Semifinals & Consolation matches
7 p.m. - ESPN

Saturday, March 21

• Session V -- Medal round matches
• 10 a.m. - ESPNU
• Session VI -- Championship finals
6 p.m. - ESPN

Last edited:

"This afternoon the NCAA confirmed what most of had suspected. They will be cancelling the remaining winter championship events. This affect the DII and DIII national championships which were supposed to be held starting tomorrow, along with the DI championships next week. While not affiliated with the NCAA, the NAIA also cancelled their winter championships. The NAIA women’s championship was supposed to get underway tomorrow, as well. Here’s the full release from the NCAA:

Today, NCAA President Mark Emmert and the Board of Governors canceled the Division I men’s and women’s 2020 basketball tournaments, as well as all remaining winter and spring NCAA championships. This decision is based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat, our ability to ensure the events do not contribute to spread of the pandemic, and the impracticality of hosting such events at any time during this academic year given ongoing decisions by other entities. "

Last edited:
Manning, Huskers Lament Early Ending
One of the most complete, competitive teams in school history, Nebraska was coming off a second-place finish at the Big Ten championships, and Manning felt his Huskers had a legitimate chance of winning a national title.

As for the future, Manning will await word from the Big Ten and NCAA regarding the eligibility status of seniors whose careers were cut short. While Isaiah White is somebody Manning surmises would take advantage of an other opportunity, there's Jensen, who's already been accepted to med school and wouldn't likely return.

Last edited:
Good to see another wrestling fan on the board. Was excited to see the D1 tourney play out this year, was going to be an interesting race. I try to follow SDSU as best as I can. Was hoping they could get an All American or two this year. Program is hopefully on the rise, will see where it goes from here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back