• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Navy jacket and black pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to think Peavey is right. It really bothers me when people go on a sports message board and don't discuss sports. Seriously. It's like going on X-Factor and juggling. For real. By the way anyone see the debacle on X-factor? Wow, just wow. The night started out with a performance by Lenny Kravitz. When was the last time Lenny had a hit song? Was it “American Woman?” I don’t really know. I guess Lenny has a new album coming out, so he was on the show to promote that. However, I really wasn’t feeling the first song he sang. I was too caught up in wondering why he continues to wear the same outfit day after day. Black leather pants, a black v-neck and a black women’s cardigan. It’s like a Stevie Nicks outfit. If Stevie Nicks were Lenny Kravitz. Lenny also sang part of “Are You Gonna Go My Way,” just to keep people interested. After he sang, Steve Jones made an extremely awkward comment about how good Lenny looks in leather. Then he said “Handsome man, handsome man.” Steve needs a little host training. Perhaps Cat Deeley is available for the next season of ‘The X Factor.’ I love Cat Deeley. She’d make an awesome host for the show. Then it was time for a recap of the top five’s performances from the previous night. We also had to watch a package showing what happens behind the scenes at ‘The X Factor.’ In case you missed that part because you were making a grilled cheese or cutting your toenails during the amazing segment, here are the highlights:
1) Ken Paves does hair for the show. Who is Ken Paves? You might ask. Well, dear readers, Ken Paves is Jessica Simpson’s former BFF. He’s responsible for her hair extensions, as well as those of Eva Longoria and possibly Christina Applegate and Christina Milian. I’m not really sure. But he’s a big deal in the world of hair. So it’s kind of a big deal for him to do hair on the show.
2) June Ambrose is doing wardrobe! Who is June Ambrose? You might be asking yet again. I don’t really know much about her, other than the fact that she’s like the Laurieann Gibson of the wardrobe world. That means she’s a penny shy of a ticket on the crazy train. Which also means she’s fantastic.
3) Some other guy with really blue eyes does makeup for the show.
There’s what you missed from the behind the scenes package. You’re welcome for the extensive recap.
After that started the results. The first two names called safe were Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene. Ugh. This was not looking good for my girls, Melanie Amaro and Rachel Crow. Josh was bad on performance night. Who’s voting for him? People who think he will come and deliver them Chipotle? Because if that’s why you are voting for him, guess what? He’s not going to show up at your house with a cart and make you a burrito. Please start voting for Melanie immediately. Josh and Chris were the only two called safe. The other three would have to wait until after Mary J. Blige sang to find out their fates.
Speaking of Mary J. Blige…after a commercial break, it was time for her to take the stage. She sang some new song from her latest album. It was okay. It was a way stripped down version of MJB: just her and a guitar. I prefer the days of MJB when she sang songs like “Family Affair” and “Be Without You,” but I guess it’s good for her to expand as an artist. At least her wig was pretty fancy. Points for that.
Then it was time to find out who the bottom two would be. Who was the third act called safe? Melanie. Which meant Marcus and Rachel were the bottom two. This also meant Marcus was a shoe in to go home, right? It was his third straight week in the bottom two, so it only seemed fair. Marcus was first to sing his survival song. He sang Mary J. Blige’s “I’m Goin’ Down.” It was okay, I suppose. Jazzlyn Little still sang it better in her initial audition way back in the day. Also, Marcus, it’s probably not a good idea to sing a MJB song when she’s in the building. Especially if you’re not going to be able to do it as well as she does. I’m guessing Mary’s wig came off and she was ready to have a little chat with Marcus when he left the stage. Rachel was second to sing. She rehashed Etta James’ “I’d Rather Go Blind,” which she first sang during movie week. But this time around, Rachel done blew the roof off the joint. Mary probably put her wig back on backwards because she was so blown away by what Rachel did. It. Was. Amazing. Rachel put so much emotion into the song. I couldn’t stop tears from coming out of my eyes. I didn’t even know I started crying. I was just watching and listening and along for Rachel’s amazing ride. After Rachel sang, it was pretty clear to me that Marcus needed to hit the road.

But the judges still had to make their decisions. Obviously, LA Reid and Simon Cowell stood behind their acts, which gave a vote for Rachel and Marcus automatically. Then it was Paula’s turn. She said she had to keep the person who sang their survival song the best. Therefore, she voted to eliminate Marcus. Good job, Paula! You get a cookie! Then it was time for Nicole. She was already crying and acting a fool. She started blathering on about how she didn’t want to have to eliminate either Marcus or Rachel and wanted to send it to a deadlock. I started to scream at the TV: “Eliminate Marcus, Nicole! He’s been in the bottom too many times! GET RID OF HIM!” But…she did not. So a deadlock ensued.
What happened next is all a blur to me. I know I ended up throwing a notebook at the television and angrily tweeting at Nicole. Why? Because in the deadlock, it came to light that Rachel got the lowest number of votes from America. So…what could have saved this situation from happening? First, we shouldn’t let America vote on something as important as ‘The X Factor.’ Obviously, we’re a democratic country, but how many times has America dropped the ball when it comes to voting on anything? Please remember the week when Sabrina Bryan was eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ Not a good moment in history, voters. Second, Nicole probably shouldn’t be getting paid to “judge” a talent competition when she’s going to wuss out and not be a judge!
As soon as Rachel found out she was eliminated, she dropped to the ground and burst into tears. Then Simon and Rachel’s Mom rushed the stage to comfort her. Nicole also came up on stage. Steve asked if she had anything to say. As soon as he started talking to Nicole, the audience booed her. I booed her. And threw more things at the television. It was hard to watch. In fact, it was downright uncomfortable having to watch Rachel cry and Nicole try to make sense of what she had just caused.
Therefore, this could quite possibly be the final ‘X Factor’ show I watch. The show made my blood boil too much this week. The only reason left to watch would be to see Melanie win, but even that’s not a given anymore. Why don’t we just bring back Astro and let him have another shot? Then Nicole can sing his praises again and eliminate real talent like Rachel and Melanie. I’m going to have to seriously think about whether to watch the final weeks of the show. After this week’s elimination, I just don’t care anymore. Maybe we can eliminate Nicole instead? Bring in a new judge. I bet Jessica Simpson is available. Plus, she’s be good and would say amazingly ridiculous things. Or how about Charo? She’d be a good judge, too, and would shake some maracas and yell, “CUCHI, CUCHI!.” Really, anyone would be better than Nicole Scherzinger.

You have to feel sorry for Nicole. Maybe. She is responsible for crushing the dreams of two 14-year-old girls in two consecutive weeks. I wonder what it’s like to wake up one of the most despised women in America. Maybe I’ll Tweet Nicole and find out. Better yet, I’ll just Tweet her again and let her know how disgusted I am with her. I’m dunzo being a fan of Nicole for a while…and might even be dunzo with ‘The X Factor’ as a whole. We’ll see what next week brings. I make no promises.

T.O. has NEVER been the styling man, not sure why you thought that???? Soooo not styling type of guy. roflmao

Go look up the picture of Tom, Delany and Paterno that was taken last summer. Plus every time I've seen him around Lincoln, or when I met him as a kid at a speech he gave at Valdosta HS, he was always well dressed.

Watch out people! We might get a 2nd "Comedians???" thread on here... Gob forbid somebody cracks a smile....

Anyway, No fashion feuxPaw at all. Bad camera actually. Tom is wearing dark grey pants, not black, and that is not a standard navy sportcoat, more of a medium blue/grey. If it was a close up I'm sure you would see how the lite pattern in his shirt and the secondary colors in his tie bring it all together quite well. Tom has never been a generic copy cat to the power suit BS that is soooo phony. The dude is understated class plus 100.

That maybe true, maybe he pulled it off if it was charcoal and a blue grey, it could just be a nasty camera angle and bad lighting. At any rate, it was just an observation, Tom can perform his duties in Borat's swimwear for all I care.

OK, I am just a redneck from 6 county, who is generally more comfortable in dirty jeans and boots, than suits. However, being a lawyer, I do wear suits frequently. This picture reminds me of a story from my first couple of years of practice. We were at court in Clay County, MN. At that time in the old courthouse, there was a backroom where the attorneys and occassionally judges met. This is where all the deals were cut and cases argued about. One day I had been in there working on some cases. It was winter and the heat was cranked so it was hot in this little backroom. I was wearing a blue suit with grey pin stripes. I had taken my jacket off and hung it on a rack just outside the room. Everyone hung their jackets there. When I went to leave for court I could not find my jacket. It was as if someone stole it. I was like who would steal a suit coat? I had to go into court and the judge I was appearing in front of was a stickler for dudes wearing their jackets in Court. So there I am jacketless, knowing my cases were about to be called. I was freaking out a little. My case got called and I approached the podium. The judge inquired about my jacket and I said it appears that it was stolen. I did my cases. The next lawyer up was one of my buds. He was an older lawyer and pretty much burned out on practicing law. He had been in the jury box during my hearings talking with an in-custody client. As I was leaving I heard the judge say, Mr. Speedlimt, I think we solved the mystery of your missing jacket. I looked back, and there was the other lawyer at the podium with a blue jacket, but he had black suit pants on. He had not even heard my song and dance about my jacket and looked down kind of dumbfounded and said, "Oh, I think I got the wrong jacket on" The entire courtroom started laughing.

Perhaps TO grabbed Bo's jacket on accident, but Bo just went with it. Black and tan works, so Bo was OK. Black and Blue can work, but not when it is a suit jacket from a different suit than the pants.

Of course, its not like it is a BCS bowl or the NC, so our leaders get a pass wearing their 2nd or 3rd team suits or dress clothes :Biggrin:

Last edited:
I happen to think Peavey is right. It really bothers me when people go on a sports message board and don't discuss sports. Seriously. It's like going on X-Factor and juggling.

What's X-Factor? Sounds like it's about math. I'm good at math. Can I be on X-Factor? What do they judge you on? I'm not that good looking. Do the cameras really add 10 pounds? I guess I can just throw up after I eat like I did in high school.

Is this the kind of thing that bothers you?

What's X-Factor? Sounds like it's about math. I'm good at math. Can I be on X-Factor? What do they judge you on? I'm not that good looking. Do the cameras really add 10 pounds? I guess I can just throw up after I eat like I did in high school.

Is this the kind of thing that bothers you?
Totally. :Biggrin:

OK, I am just a redneck from 6 county, who is generally more comfortable in dirty jeans and boots, than suits. However, being a lawyer, I do wear suits frequently. This picture reminds me of a story from my first couple of years of practice. We were at court in Clay County, MN. At that time in the old courthouse, there was a backroom where the attorneys and occassionally judges met. This is where all the deals were cut and cases argued about. One day I had been in there working on some cases. It was winter and the heat was cranked so it was hot in this little backroom. I was wearing a blue suit with grey pin stripes. I had taken my jacket off and hung it on a rack just outside the room. Everyone hung their jackets there. When I went to leave for court I could not find my jacket. It was as if someone stole it. I was like who would steal a suit coat? I had to go into court and the judge I was appearing in front of was a stickler for dudes wearing their jackets in Court. So there I am jacketless, knowing my cases were about to be called. I was freaking out a little. My case got called and I approached the podium. The judge inquired about my jacket and I said it appears that it was stolen. I did my cases. The next lawyer up was one of my buds. He was an older lawyer and pretty much burned out on practicing law. He had been in the jury box during my hearings talking with an in-custody client. As I was leaving I heard the judge say, Mr. Speedlimt, I think we solved the mystery of your missing jacket. I looked back, and there was the other lawyer at the podium with a blue jacket, but he had black suit pants on. He had not even heard my song and dance about my jacket and looked down kind of dumbfounded and said, "Oh, I think I got the wrong jacket on" The entire courtroom started laughing.

Perhaps TO grabbed Bo's jacket on accident, but Bo just went with it. Black and tan works, so Bo was OK. Black and Blue can work, but not when it is a suit jacket from a different suit than the pants.

Of course, its not like it is a BCS bowl or the NC, so our leaders get a pass wearing their 2nd or 3rd team suits or dress clothes :Biggrin:

Good story. The judge should have thrown the guy in jail. :Biggrin:

I love these threads just as much as the "serious" football discussions, if not more. We can here analysis from tons of sources about LB play, who the next DC may be, but only in a thread like this will we get this range of the wild, weird, and ugly of football.

Last edited:

I happen to think Peavey is right. It really bothers me when people go on a sports message board and don't discuss sports. Seriously. It's like going on X-Factor and juggling. For real. By the way anyone see the debacle on X-factor? Wow, just wow. The night started out with a performance by Lenny Kravitz. When was the last time Lenny had a hit song? Was it “American Woman?†I don’t really know. I guess Lenny has a new album coming out, so he was on the show to promote that. However, I really wasn’t feeling the first song he sang. I was too caught up in wondering why he continues to wear the same outfit day after day. Black leather pants, a black v-neck and a black women’s cardigan. It’s like a Stevie Nicks outfit. If Stevie Nicks were Lenny Kravitz. Lenny also sang part of “Are You Gonna Go My Way,†just to keep people interested. After he sang, Steve Jones made an extremely awkward comment about how good Lenny looks in leather. Then he said “Handsome man, handsome man.†Steve needs a little host training. Perhaps Cat Deeley is available for the next season of ‘The X Factor.’ I love Cat Deeley. She’d make an awesome host for the show. Then it was time for a recap of the top five’s performances from the previous night. We also had to watch a package showing what happens behind the scenes at ‘The X Factor.’ In case you missed that part because you were making a grilled cheese or cutting your toenails during the amazing segment, here are the highlights:
1) Ken Paves does hair for the show. Who is Ken Paves? You might ask. Well, dear readers, Ken Paves is Jessica Simpson’s former BFF. He’s responsible for her hair extensions, as well as those of Eva Longoria and possibly Christina Applegate and Christina Milian. I’m not really sure. But he’s a big deal in the world of hair. So it’s kind of a big deal for him to do hair on the show.
2) June Ambrose is doing wardrobe! Who is June Ambrose? You might be asking yet again. I don’t really know much about her, other than the fact that she’s like the Laurieann Gibson of the wardrobe world. That means she’s a penny shy of a ticket on the crazy train. Which also means she’s fantastic.
3) Some other guy with really blue eyes does makeup for the show.
There’s what you missed from the behind the scenes package. You’re welcome for the extensive recap.
After that started the results. The first two names called safe were Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene. Ugh. This was not looking good for my girls, Melanie Amaro and Rachel Crow. Josh was bad on performance night. Who’s voting for him? People who think he will come and deliver them Chipotle? Because if that’s why you are voting for him, guess what? He’s not going to show up at your house with a cart and make you a burrito. Please start voting for Melanie immediately. Josh and Chris were the only two called safe. The other three would have to wait until after Mary J. Blige sang to find out their fates.
Speaking of Mary J. Blige…after a commercial break, it was time for her to take the stage. She sang some new song from her latest album. It was okay. It was a way stripped down version of MJB: just her and a guitar. I prefer the days of MJB when she sang songs like “Family Affair†and “Be Without You,†but I guess it’s good for her to expand as an artist. At least her wig was pretty fancy. Points for that.
Then it was time to find out who the bottom two would be. Who was the third act called safe? Melanie. Which meant Marcus and Rachel were the bottom two. This also meant Marcus was a shoe in to go home, right? It was his third straight week in the bottom two, so it only seemed fair. Marcus was first to sing his survival song. He sang Mary J. Blige’s “I’m Goin’ Down.†It was okay, I suppose. Jazzlyn Little still sang it better in her initial audition way back in the day. Also, Marcus, it’s probably not a good idea to sing a MJB song when she’s in the building. Especially if you’re not going to be able to do it as well as she does. I’m guessing Mary’s wig came off and she was ready to have a little chat with Marcus when he left the stage. Rachel was second to sing. She rehashed Etta James’ “I’d Rather Go Blind,†which she first sang during movie week. But this time around, Rachel done blew the roof off the joint. Mary probably put her wig back on backwards because she was so blown away by what Rachel did. It. Was. Amazing. Rachel put so much emotion into the song. I couldn’t stop tears from coming out of my eyes. I didn’t even know I started crying. I was just watching and listening and along for Rachel’s amazing ride. After Rachel sang, it was pretty clear to me that Marcus needed to hit the road.

But the judges still had to make their decisions. Obviously, LA Reid and Simon Cowell stood behind their acts, which gave a vote for Rachel and Marcus automatically. Then it was Paula’s turn. She said she had to keep the person who sang their survival song the best. Therefore, she voted to eliminate Marcus. Good job, Paula! You get a cookie! Then it was time for Nicole. She was already crying and acting a fool. She started blathering on about how she didn’t want to have to eliminate either Marcus or Rachel and wanted to send it to a deadlock. I started to scream at the TV: “Eliminate Marcus, Nicole! He’s been in the bottom too many times! GET RID OF HIM!†But…she did not. So a deadlock ensued.
What happened next is all a blur to me. I know I ended up throwing a notebook at the television and angrily tweeting at Nicole. Why? Because in the deadlock, it came to light that Rachel got the lowest number of votes from America. So…what could have saved this situation from happening? First, we shouldn’t let America vote on something as important as ‘The X Factor.’ Obviously, we’re a democratic country, but how many times has America dropped the ball when it comes to voting on anything? Please remember the week when Sabrina Bryan was eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ Not a good moment in history, voters. Second, Nicole probably shouldn’t be getting paid to “judge†a talent competition when she’s going to wuss out and not be a judge!
As soon as Rachel found out she was eliminated, she dropped to the ground and burst into tears. Then Simon and Rachel’s Mom rushed the stage to comfort her. Nicole also came up on stage. Steve asked if she had anything to say. As soon as he started talking to Nicole, the audience booed her. I booed her. And threw more things at the television. It was hard to watch. In fact, it was downright uncomfortable having to watch Rachel cry and Nicole try to make sense of what she had just caused.
Therefore, this could quite possibly be the final ‘X Factor’ show I watch. The show made my blood boil too much this week. The only reason left to watch would be to see Melanie win, but even that’s not a given anymore. Why don’t we just bring back Astro and let him have another shot? Then Nicole can sing his praises again and eliminate real talent like Rachel and Melanie. I’m going to have to seriously think about whether to watch the final weeks of the show. After this week’s elimination, I just don’t care anymore. Maybe we can eliminate Nicole instead? Bring in a new judge. I bet Jessica Simpson is available. Plus, she’s be good and would say amazingly ridiculous things. Or how about Charo? She’d be a good judge, too, and would shake some maracas and yell, “CUCHI, CUCHI!.†Really, anyone would be better than Nicole Scherzinger.

You have to feel sorry for Nicole. Maybe. She is responsible for crushing the dreams of two 14-year-old girls in two consecutive weeks. I wonder what it’s like to wake up one of the most despised women in America. Maybe I’ll Tweet Nicole and find out. Better yet, I’ll just Tweet her again and let her know how disgusted I am with her. I’m dunzo being a fan of Nicole for a while…and might even be dunzo with ‘The X Factor’ as a whole. We’ll see what next week brings. I make no promises.

I see what you did here. Well done, sir. :shout:

Wanna talk cool, hip, stlylin and profilin...............

[video=youtube;3iaTEgoezNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iaTEgoezNQ[/video]

Last edited:

Wanna talk cool, hip, stlylin and profilin...............

[video=youtube;3iaTEgoezNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iaTEgoezNQ[/video]

I flew on two Air New Zealand flights this summer. The first had this Richard Simmons safety video. The second had a safety video featuring a nude (but body-painted) flight crew explaining the safety features of our Airbus A319. The Kiwis are a strange people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back