• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

National Signing Day #2 Thread: Signing Day Presser At 2PM CST (Updates On JD, MO etc)

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Expected to be a quiet day for Nebraska who signed 26 commits in December thus a full class plus 1.

Houston is expected to commit at 10 AM CST and the sign his LOI at a ceremony at 3 PM CST

Unsure if anyone else will sign with the Huskers tomorrow although Bivens has been discussed as a possible second signe.

Chance of a surprise is a big question too.

Bottom line is for a first full class for this staff it is a very good one that will more than likely finish Top 20

There have been some disappointments recently, but nothing to have our dobbers down about. They, the coaches, will develop these guys and come fall I am confident we will like what we see on the field. In year two/three, when some of the walk ons start to appear I think we will be very enthusiastic.

I posted this in the OV thread and thought I would share it here.

Through the February 6 signing day, 43 OVs were used which means Frost and staff had 13 left for the cycle. With 26 already signed, that means almost 61% of those who came on OVs. If Houston signs as expected, that moves to almost 63%. If Bivens is a surprise signee tomorrow, then it moves to a little over 65%.

There have been some disappointments recently, but nothing to have our dobbers down about. They, the coaches, will develop these guys and come fall I am confident we will like what we see on the field. In year two/three, when some of the walk ons start to appear I think we will be very enthusiastic.

Nothing disappointing about this class (for the record I understand what you are saying) at all but I agree this staff will coach these kids up I have no doubt.

Expected to be a quiet day for Nebraska who signed 26 commits in December thus a full class plus 1.

Houston is expected to commit at 10 AM CST and the sign his LOI at a ceremony at 3 PM CST

Unsure if anyone else will sign with the Huskers tomorrow although Bivens has been discussed as a possible second signe.

Chance of a surprise is a big question too.

Bottom line is for a first full class for this staff it is a very good one that will more than likely finish Top 20

What do you mean by... surprises? :O O:

Last edited:

With two signing days each year I think it is a testament to how great this staff is doing securing targets early, which means there is little to no drama expected on the final signing day. This staff secured 26 recruits by December and several of them are already on campus, they did a fantastic job and next year will be better than this year. I look for 1 signee today and 3 transfers to be added for immediate help in the next 5 months. The future is burning bright for this program.

Looking at today from an optimists point of view we should all be very pleased. I would of loved to see a big bodied WR, or a 4* pass rusher just like everyone else on this board. But Frost and Co. were able to assemble what many believe to be the best class since 2011, and have all but one signature sent in the early period. All in the first full cycle! #GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back