• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nate Loenser Joins Husker Coaching Staff

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
:Welcome2: THIS!!! BIG NEWS!

Article @ Huskers.com (Sorry, link not up yet :Redface: )

1617725863458.png

Hoiberg, who has worked with Loenser at both Iowa State (2013-15) and with the Chicago Bulls (2015-18), believes Loenser's combination of coaching experience at the NBA and collegiate levels and player development skills enhances the Husker program.
"This is the third time I had a chance to add Nate to my staff and believe that he is the best player development guy I have worked with," Hoiberg said. "He was a valuable member of our staff that won a pair of Big 12 Tournament titles in Ames. In Chicago, he did a remarkable job with our G League team in its first season, as we had more than a dozen players recalled or sign with other NBA teams. He has earned the respect of players around the league because of his ability to relate with players, and to help them reach their goals. We are pleased to welcome Nate and his family to Lincoln."

Last edited:
Who did we lose or is this just an additional coach?
Bobby Lutz left earlier this year, Doc took Lutz's "special assistant to the head coach" role, and Loenser takes the normal assistant role that Doc had. Don't know what that means for Doc being able to coach D, I would think it doesn't make any sense to change that since Nebraska's strength at the end of the season was turnover defense.

Doc wasn't recruiting anyway, and he can still game plan the defense as the "special assistant". Loesner will add to the recruiting cred with the NBA experience. Glad Fred isn't standing pat. While I think we're making strides, 2 straight 14th places and 5 conference wins in 2 years requires a look at everything we're doing.

“There is a certain level of continuity right now with the six or seven guys we have coming back… I think this group and the players I’ve met so far are excited to move forward, are excited to get better, and that’s exciting.”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back