• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nate Clouse talks recruting on USC (10-23-12)---some good updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI.....

---This weekend's visitors in Nate's opinion is the second biggest day for Husker recruting next to NSD.....last opportunity to bring recruits on campus and show the game day atmosphere at night....(Big 10 does not play night games in November).....

---Randy Gregory a JUCO DE who is 6'6" and 230lbs just 'popped' up this past week while the coaches were out recruting during the bye week....is at Arizona Western CC...he is from Indianapolis and was a Purdue commit....failed to qualify....All-Conference as a Frosh....broke his leg early this season so out for the season....thus a 3-3 guy.....soft commit to Purdue now.....and a possiblity of a medical RS to boot....very interesting prospect...he says Nebraska is looking at him to be the stand-up guy in the 3-4 coming off of the edge...reminds Nate of Jason Pierre Paul....would help Nebraska allot.....Nebraska likes his athletic ability enough to overcome any concerns with weight being a tad on the light side for DE....could visit OU and Mizzou in the future...

---Of the highly regarded guys...Stringfellow and Willis were discussed....Stringfellow is a 4-star WR who is a Washington commit....same high school as Eric Martin And Qunicy Enunwa....close friends with Quincy....plus his coaches have a great relationship with Bo and staff....all of this has helped the Huskers get into the picture with him....so this visit should help the Huskers get more into the mix with him....Willis....Rivals Top 100 CB from Arizona....early on was considered to be a USC lean....their class is full....they tried to pressure him to commit early and he would not do it....Huskers have stuck with him....looks like it may be down to Nebraska and LSU....will visit LSU next week....has Huskers ties with his trainer being a former Husker player....

---Talked about Dixon...who has Nebraska in the mix with Arizona State and TCU....being recruited as a DB, but plays QB in high school....Huskers like him....but have a couple of other guys rated higher...so it maybe a numbers game....

---Possible Commits of guys visiting this weekend: Randy Gregory the JUCO DE....his dad is coming with him....his dad is really fired up about Nebraska.....loves what the Huskers represent....Randy has gotten close with Coach K....

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=111&c=991&f=789981

Last edited:

Gregory is also impressed with Coach K getting so may guys into the NFL with his coaching....

Gregory is also impressed with Coach K getting so may guys into the NFL with his coaching....

I have high hopes for Coach K improving our defensive line. Hopefully, with the injury, Gregory has really applied himself academically this semester! I could see Stringfellow flipping after this weekend. He saw the game Quincy had last weekend, which has to help.

Red Reign,

Do you see ASU and U of A full court pressing Priest Willis to stay in state or is he to good to go to second tier programs?

No I don't....he is not interested in either....

Arguably one of the top two or three CBs in the country....5-star talent....some who argue the #1 CB....Husker ties with this personal trainer (ex-player) got us in the pool and now may win his commit for Nebraska...we have a real shot at him....more than some folks think....but its not done yet....

Red Reign,

Do you see ASU and U of A full court pressing Priest Willis to stay in state or is he to good to go to second tier programs?

Last edited:
I do not see Stringfellow flipping this weekend at all....will be an uphill battle to get him to flip at all....Qunicy and his coaches get the staff in the door....that is a start....UDub is struggling this season and Sark is getting major heat so that could help Nebraska too....they have a decent recruting class for 2013....so some unrest could see some kids move on....not to mention the tell-tale overhaul of the D after the 2011 season speaks volumes too...and the new staff has not produced as some hoped they would in 2012....so there is a chance...but it will take some work to convince him....one game will nto make a difference...building relationships is the biggest and the location is important too....is he willign to leave the west coast? Not easy to get kids to leave....

Gregory would be a great 'get'.....3-3 guy and possibly a fourth year through a medical RS....has tremendous speed coming from the side and would give Nebraska a top flight rush end for the next 3-4 years....

I have high hopes for Coach K improving our defensive line. Hopefully, with the injury, Gregory has really applied himself academically this semester! I could see Stringfellow flipping after this weekend. He saw the game Quincy had last weekend, which has to help.

Man it's going to be real cold... hope these recruits have thick skin or we may never see them again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back