• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nate Clouse On The Bottom Line (7/29/19) Green/Bivens/Manning/Ajou/Morrison/Johnson

Does Green's decision affect Bivens now? There was talking about Bivens going the greyshirt route if he gets the grades because Green would get he scholarship, but according to the scholarship number thread we still had 2 open. Or did we only have 1 available because of something else?
No. Depending on the actual scholarship count will be full or Grey Shirt.

I think they could count Vokolek's scholarship forward (blue shirt) to the 2020 class. I'm pretty sure his visit was an unofficial visit and I don't think Frost did a home visit. If they did that, Bivens could be counted towards the 2019 numbers. Or if they want to grey shirt Bivens, he'd count against the 2020 numbers.

I think they could count Vokolek's scholarship forward (blue shirt) to the 2020 class. I'm pretty sure his visit was an unofficial visit and I don't think Frost did a home visit. If they did that, Bivens could be counted towards the 2019 numbers. Or if they want to grey shirt Bivens, he'd count against the 2020 numbers.
I believe you are correct about his visit not being an official. Neither 247Sports nor Rivals has him listed.

Ha ha I feel better with my answer after reading this. :)

As long as OU doesn't offer, I would agree. OU was seemingly full at RB, but I thought I heard recently that one of their commits was looking around.

Jace McClellan, yes, he's looking around a bit. It's a risky take for Nebraska IMPO because there's a really good chance that Morrison would flip on you if the ripples of a McClellan decommit led to an Oklahoma offer because of it. If John Bivens does end up at Nebraska this summer, you're probably only taking one RB in this class and to potentially lose him in November or December would obviously suck. By that time, your other targets are probably off the board too so you'd have to try and flip someone.

Jace McClellan, yes, he's looking around a bit. It's a risky take for Nebraska IMPO because there's a really good chance that Morrison would flip on you if the ripples of a McClellan decommit led to an Oklahoma offer because of it. If John Bivens does end up at Nebraska this summer, you're probably only taking one RB in this class and to potentially lose him in November or December would obviously suck. By that time, your other targets are probably off the board too so you'd have to try and flip someone.

Party....and...

Highly doubtful

Pooper.

On the other hand if waits until February to see if he gets an OU offer he might get left hanging.

If I were Frost and he accepts the commit it would be with the understanding that he signs in December or Nebraska moves on and looks for another RB.

If this scenario plays out I think we are in good shape

Not to mention maybe just maybe he and his family have decided this is the best move for him and they honor the commitment through to NSD. They really liked Nebraska and the staff

We shall see

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back