• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nate Clouse On The Bottom Line (7/29/19) Green/Bivens/Manning/Ajou/Morrison/Johnson

Clouse talked about this yesterday too. Still sees him as a Husker but may hold off committing until next summer as he takes some trips like this

K-State up next

Was it a foregone conclusion that it was highly doubtful he was ever coming here?

Not the impression I ever got from this board. Had us "in final two", "liked SF offense" Also, IIRC, he wasn't holding clemson offer at one point. Chose them post visit and offer there.

Not the impression I ever got from this board. Had us "in final two", "liked SF offense" Also, IIRC, he wasn't holding clemson offer at one point. Chose them post visit and offer there.
That was tongue in cheek based on RR's and N2FL's previous back and forth.

The Clouse update was, for the most part, downright depressing.

For whatever reason the Husker hype going on within the college football world is having little impact on recruits.

Unless we get an unusually high number of commits during the season it will be a steep climb to match the 2019 recruiting class.

Can I remind everyone that the 2018 class HCSF and his coaches built in less than a month. It included 2AM, Mo Washington as well as multiple other guys who are probable starters as either RS freshman or true Soph. Take a breath folks. This is recruiting. As @Red Reign regularly says. Recruiting is not for the faint of heart.

Can I remind everyone that the 2018 class HCSF and his coaches built in less than a month. It included 2AM, Mo Washington as well as multiple other guys who are probable starters as either RS freshman or true Soph. Take a breath folks. This is recruiting. As @Red Reign regularly says. Recruiting is not for the faint of heart.
The sky is certainly not falling, and I still think we put together a pretty good class.

But with that said, it's tough to spin positively that our coaches were feeling pretty good about being at 10-12 commits heading into the season, and we are sitting at 8. We felt extremely good about Malik Reed, Jamar Sekona, and Sevion Morrison. You then throw in top in-state recruit Xavier Watts leaving, Perrion Winfrey taking off to Oklahoma, Ajou Ajou loving us then Clemson swooping in, and a potential big blow coming with Jahkeem Green from the 2019 class flipping to Texas Tech at the last minute.

You can make those things up, but if you look at the amount of time and resources spent on the guys I just mentioned that could have been used elsewhere, it can add up in a hurry. We don't want to get in a situation like we are at DB right now where we are taking Lynum who we got over East Carolina and then also maneuvering for a kid that has us in his final 3 with Colorado and Florida Atlantic.

You can make those things up, but if you look at the amount of time and resources spent on the guys I just mentioned that could have been used elsewhere, it can add up in a hurry. We don't want to get in a situation like we are at DB right now where we are taking Lynum who we got over East Carolina and then also maneuvering for a kid that has us in his final 3 with Colorado and Florida Atlantic.

Yup..... sky not falling but.......here we are with umbrellas in a gloomy rain apparently.

The sky is certainly not falling, and I still think we put together a pretty good class.

But with that said, it's tough to spin positively that our coaches were feeling pretty good about being at 10-12 commits heading into the season, and we are sitting at 8. We felt extremely good about Malik Reed, Jamar Sekona, and Sevion Morrison. You then throw in top in-state recruit Xavier Watts leaving, Perrion Winfrey taking off to Oklahoma, Ajou Ajou loving us then Clemson swooping in, and a potential big blow coming with Jahkeem Green from the 2019 class flipping to Texas Tech at the last minute.

***, I appreciate your realistic approach to the recruiting progress, but in this comment you seem a little down. Is there something about the recruiting effort that to you is troublesome? Sure, when players go somewhere else it may look like wasted effort, but that's the nature of the process as you know better than I? Or, are you like most of us just weary of the off season and need some actual football in improve our attitudes?

I think a lot of us (me included) thought the Frost magic would have us sitting in better shape than we are right now. As you point out, we have whiffed on a lot of the guys we had at the top of our board.

For all of the effort put into the spring game and the Big Red BBQ the recruiting results are meager at best.

Can we make it up? That remains to be seen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back