• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nate Clouse on KLIN talking Fidone, Carnie & DL Recruiting

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
You can listen at the link below

Few highlights:

--Expects the Huskers to take 2 TEs, 2 DEs and a nose tackle which would put the class at 19.

--Expects the class to cap at 21 maybe 22

---Spoke her highly of Carnie. Expects him to get an offer from Nebraska soon. Thinks he is a solid P-5 TE prospect

--Spoke knowingly of Fidone from his talent to his work ethic. Spoke about the unofficial he took last weekend with other 2021 recruits and the interaction wit present players. Is friends with a few of the guys in the 2021 class. Thinks that visit bodes well for Nebraska. Thinks the longer the Dead Period goes on it favors Nebraska. As talked about before LSU is the prime competition

So Cairnes is probably a lock if he gets a commit-able offer? That might light a fire under Rollins to decide.

You can listen at the link below

Few highlights:

--Expects the Huskers to take 2 TEs, 2 DEs and a nose tackle which would put the class at 19.

--Expects the class to cap at 21 maybe 22

---Spoke her highly of Carnie. Expects him to get an offer from Nebraska soon. Thinks he is a solid P-5 TE prospect

--Spoke knowingly of Fidone from his talent to his work ethic. Spoke about the unofficial he took last weekend with other 2021 recruits and the interaction wit present players. Is friends with a few of the guys in the 2021 class. Thinks that visit bodes well for Nebraska. Thinks the longer the Dead Period goes on it favors Nebraska. As talked about before LSU is the prime competition

Thanks. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle the numbers for the 2021 class. Right now they can sign a max of 24 initial counters (Gifford counts against the 2021 initial numbers). They could potentially be able to count one back to the 2020 class if the Gray waiver is approved. So, a 25 max could be a thing.

However, the 88 limit will come into play before the initial counter limit is reached. Right now, they're looking at a 21 limit pending any additional departures. 13 graduating seniors, 5 open scholarships, and the Big Ten plus 3. The question will be if walk-ons like Reimer and Warner go on scholarship this fall and if Miller and Nouili go on scholarship next spring/summer. If any of the underclassmen walk-ons go on permanent scholarship, that will reduce the potential openings.

Thanks. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle the numbers for the 2021 class. Right now they can sign a max of 24 initial counters (Gifford counts against the 2021 initial numbers). They could potentially be able to count one back to the 2020 class if the Gray waiver is approved. So, a 25 max could be a thing.

However, the 88 limit will come into play before the initial counter limit is reached. Right now, they're looking at a 21 limit pending any additional departures. 13 graduating seniors, 5 open scholarships, and the Big Ten plus 3. The question will be if walk-ons like Reimer and Warner go on scholarship this fall and if Miller and Nouili go on scholarship next spring/summer. If any of the underclassmen walk-ons go on permanent scholarship, that will reduce the potential openings.
Any speculation on scholarship numbers right now is even more of a guess then it normally is. With the possibility that the season is going to get cancelled it is anyone’s guess what additional eligibility will be granted and what the NCAA will do to allow for that to happen with scholarship numbers.

Any speculation on scholarship numbers right now is even more of a guess then it normally is. With the possibility that the season is going to get cancelled it is anyone’s guess what additional eligibility will be granted and what the NCAA will do to allow for that to happen with scholarship numbers.
Great point. I totally agree. If eligibility is extended, I’d almost have to guess that the NCAA would have to temporally allow teams to exceed the 85 limit.

Was Rollins at the camp Carnie and Fidone attended in Omaha? All things being similar, I would pick the guy who really, really wants to be here anyday. Coaches get a pretty good sense of that, so I am hoping they gauge that with the two and I know I am not saying anythign new with that take.

Was Rollins at the camp Carnie and Fidone attended in Omaha? All things being similar, I would pick the guy who really, really wants to be here anyday. Coaches get a pretty good sense of that, so I am hoping they gauge that with the two and I know I am not saying anythign new with that take.
I was looking for attendees and testing results from the Steve Warren camp... couldn't find it. I was hoping to be able to compare Rollins with others... as unfair as one day can be.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back