• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nash Hutmacher: Will Make His Decision in July

Wasn't there some sort of wrestling "triple crown" he was trying to get this season? Did he get that done?

Here is what he has on his twitter profile:

3X Class A HWT SD State Champ/ Fargo Cadet Freestyle National Champ/ Fargo 4x AA/ 2X First Team All State FB D-Line/ 24/7
⭐️
⭐️
⭐️
⭐️
Lineman!

Add in the recent USAWrestling Greco-Roman Junior National Duals and it appears he did.

Fwiw, my uncle--the wrestling coach guru--thinks that Greco-Roman would be his best sport as far as domination. It's based so much on upper-body strength, but a flexible torso with athletic/agile legs and hips is what matters. That throw in the tweet above is an example of the sort of thing that world-class Greco-Roman guys can do. My uncle predicts that if the NFL doesn't play out, going to the Olympics as a Greco-Roman wrestler is a realistic fallback, even if he doesn't wrestle freestyle at the collegiate level.

It's nice to have options right? Option A: NFL; Option B: Olympic Greco-Roman Wrestling.

Fwiw, my uncle--the wrestling coach guru--thinks that Greco-Roman would be his best sport as far as domination. It's based so much on upper-body strength, but a flexible torso with athletic/agile legs and hips is what matters. That throw in the tweet above is an example of the sort of thing that world-class Greco-Roman guys can do. My uncle predicts that if the NFL doesn't play out, going to the Olympics as a Greco-Roman wrestler is a realistic fallback, even if he doesn't wrestle freestyle at the collegiate level.

It's nice to have options right? Option A: NFL; Option B: Olympic Greco-Roman Wrestling.
That move is absolutely the hardest move in wrestling to execute.

OPtion C - stealing picinic baskets from national forests.

That move is absolutely the hardest move in wrestling to execute.
And I've been told that in the Heavyweight class, it's a terrifying, possibly career-ending experience to be on the receiving end of it. When you had guys like Karelin who could not only do it, but purposefully did it to try to hurt their opponent and terrorize their future opponents ... well, then you go undefeated for a decade+, and you win 3 gold medals.

Last edited:
And I've been told that in the Heavyweight class, it's a terrifying, possibly career-ending experience to be on the receiving end of it. When you had guys like Karelin who could not only do it, but purposefully did it to try to hurt their opponent and terrorize their future opponents ... well, then you go undefeated for a decade+, and you win 3 gold medals.

It can be the same for the person attempting the move. One of my wrestling coaches in HS famously knocked himself out trying to do the move.

I remember a match when I was at Iowa. Ed Banach was wrestling heavyweight, but was around 230 or so, was wrestling Tad Thacker, who was 450. Ed couldn't even get his armsxaround him but attempted a throw, was a hair off and Thacker landed on top of him. Could barely see Ed, match over. Think there was even a few pics. in Sports Illus. about it. Before they had weight limits. Ed and Lou were great guys, thecwrestling team and swim team were pretty close, alot of us lived in the same hall in Hillcrest.

Here is what he has on his twitter profile:

3X Class A HWT SD State Champ/ Fargo Cadet Freestyle National Champ/ Fargo 4x AA/ 2X First Team All State FB D-Line/ 24/7
⭐️
⭐️
⭐️
⭐️
Lineman!

Add in the recent USAWrestling Greco-Roman Junior National Duals and it appears he did.
According to the USAW website the triple crown is gold at USAW Folkstyle, USAW Freestyle and USAW Greco Roman. He already got gold at Folkstyle this year and he should be heavily favored to pull the double at Fargo in a couple weeks.

According to the USAW website the triple crown is gold at USAW Folkstyle, USAW Freestyle and USAW Greco Roman. He already got gold at Folkstyle this year and he should be heavily favored to pull the double at Fargo in a couple weeks.

Thanks

Then he wrestled against former NU Hvyweight, Rulon Gardner in the 2000 Olympics and lost.

"Despite Gardner’s grappling experience with cows, he didn’t seem to stand a chance against Karelin. As obvious from the above comparison that Aleksandr Karelin overcomes Gardner in everything.

Gardner played the game very smart. He was defensive from the beginning, while Karelin as usual, was taking the initiative to catch him, attempting to apply a reverse lift. But, he couldn’t get him off the floor.

The score was even at the end of the 1st round and Karelin was still unable to deal with Gardner’s size. So, he started to be more aggressive, as he was in a situation that he didn’t use to be in.

The 2nd round started with a clinch, and here Karelin’s biggest life mistake had come when he released his lock!"

I remember a match when I was at Iowa. Ed Banach was wrestling heavyweight, but was around 230 or so, was wrestling Tad Thacker, who was 450. Ed couldn't even get his arms around him but attempted a throw, was a hair off and Thacker landed on top of him. Could barely see Ed, match over. Think there was even a few pics. in Sports Illus. about it. Before they had weight limits. Ed and Lou were great guys, the wrestling team and swim team were pretty close, a lot of us lived in the same hall in Hillcrest.
Tab Thacker wrestled against NU Gary Albright in the 1984 NCAA HVY Wt wrestling championship. The only reason Gary lost 3-1 is that he couldn't move the 450 lb guy. Tab's success had allot to do with he outweighed his opponents by 100 lbs or more. He could move his opponents pretty much wherever and however he wanted!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back