• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nash Hutmacher: Will Make His Decision in July

Was in Chamberlain this last weekend and passed a business with Hutmacher on the side. Wish I would have had a NU flag to post out front. I should have thought ahead.

It will be a BIG disappointment for me if he chooses Wisky [or anyone] over us. But it is possible and it would not be the first time a star HS athlete has chosen another University over us. If Nash is planning on wrestling too, one thing we may have in our favor is that Wisconsin has signed the #9 Hvy Wt wrestler from Illinois.

9. Aydin Guttridge..... Rockford East..Sr....... IL..... Wisconsin
I’d be willing to bet his wrestling career is over after Fargo this year especially if he plans to enroll early. I don’t the football s&c coaches, wherever he goes, letting him cut 30-40 lbs after every football season.

He has already stated on the record that the plan is to not wrestle in college wherever he goes.

Poppa Hutmacher wears Nebraska Blackshirt gear during weightlifting routines. Nash is N in the near future!

Bingo! I knew a Hutmacher from college, and I indirectly (2 degrees of separation) know a whole bunch more, and as far as I know, they're all tough SOBs and Nebraska fans.

Was in Chamberlain this last weekend and passed a business with Hutmacher on the side. Wish I would have had a NU flag to post out front. I should have thought ahead.

There are quite a few Hutmachers in Chamberlain, and since his dad is a cop, I doubt that that was his business anyway. You would have more than likely contributed a Nebraska flag to someone who is already a Nebraska fan, and who is NOT Nash's father.

I stand by what I've said throughout:
  1. He's going to Nebraska;
  2. He wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to take some OVs;
  3. There isn't any coaching staff that is going to be more appealing to him than Nebraska's;
  4. It was brilliant to take him fishing in Lincoln when he came for his OV.
Fwiw, Madison has better fishing than Lincoln by any conceivable standard of measure. Trophy muskies in the lakes in the city limits, bass everywhere, walleye, crappie. It it was about fishing, Madison wins. It's not about the fishing. Hutmacher grew up next to the sweetest walleye hole that I've ever even heard about: they have to ban fishing in the hole between the bridges during the winter months because it's too easy to catch the fish. Catching a musky in Madison? I hope he got a shot at one. Catching any sort of ocean-run salmonid in Oregon? I hope he got one. Catching a bass in Nebraska? That didn't matter except that he got to hang out with the coaches. The bigger issue for Nash is going to be what to do when pheasant season in South Dakota rolls around on the 3rd Saturday in October. Maybe they can schedule the bye for that week so that he can take the coaches up north to shoot some pheasants.

Yep, OV's are a nice way to get an airplane ride and a free lunch, but I think his heart is in Lincoln. Will be a nice pair with Turner Corcoran.

(EDIT) oops, NU wants him on D, according to the OWH today. But that's OK, just means he has someone good to go against in practice everyday.

He wants to play defense as he said in the radio interview today. He thought his wrestling foot and hand work were suited for NT

I stand by what I've said throughout:
  1. He's going to Nebraska;
  2. He wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to take some OVs;
  3. There isn't any coaching staff that is going to be more appealing to him than Nebraska's;
  4. It was brilliant to take him fishing in Lincoln when he came for his OV.
Fwiw, Madison has better fishing than Lincoln by any conceivable standard of measure. Trophy muskies in the lakes in the city limits, bass everywhere, walleye, crappie. It it was about fishing, Madison wins. It's not about the fishing. Hutmacher grew up next to the sweetest walleye hole that I've ever even heard about: they have to ban fishing in the hole between the bridges during the winter months because it's too easy to catch the fish. Catching a musky in Madison? I hope he got a shot at one. Catching any sort of ocean-run salmonid in Oregon? I hope he got one. Catching a bass in Nebraska? That didn't matter except that he got to hang out with the coaches. The bigger issue for Nash is going to be what to do when pheasant season in South Dakota rolls around on the 3rd Saturday in October. Maybe they can schedule the bye for that week so that he can take the coaches up north to shoot some pheasants.

Gonna be a tough season for pheasants in the entire midwest. Tough winter; ice storms and lots of drifting snow blanketed the cover and food.

Last edited:
Gonna be a tough season for pheasants in the entire midwest. Tough winter; ice storms and lots of drifting snow blanketed the cover and food.
Very true. I had a 30 minute commute on a 2-lane highway to work every morning, and I watched the flocks of 10+ pheasants start to dwindle down as the winter got worse, then they crashed after the mid-March flooding followed by a freeze. By the end of March I was seeing 1/10th of what I saw in January, and I only saw 2 hens from then through May. Fwiw, Chamberlain area had the rough winter, too, but they didn't have as much of the mid-March flooding. There's generally always someplace fantastic to hunt pheasants within an hour's drive of Chamberlain.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back