• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nash Hutmacher: Will Make His Decision in July

Will decide anywhere from early July to early August. Not sure of a date at this point in time, but will be before his senior season

Hutmacher just completed his fourth trip to Madison, this time it was an official visit. After the visit he said all of the appropriate niceties about great coaching staff, great head coach, etc. etc. Like NU the Badgers took him fishing.

According to another site (both sources I saw are premium sites) he will not be in Lincoln for the VIP BBQ, which he had not planned on attending anyway. He indicated that he wants to make a decision in July. Steve Wiltfong from 247 still thinks he is leaning towards he Huskers and all 4 CBs are for NU as well at this point.

Hutmacher just completed his fourth trip to Madison, this time it was an official visit. After the visit he said all of the appropriate niceties about great coaching staff, great head coach, etc. etc. Like NU the Badgers took him fishing.

According to another site (both sources I saw are premium sites) he will not be in Lincoln for the VIP BBQ, which he had not planned on attending anyway. He indicated that he wants to make a decision in July. Steve Wiltfong from 247 still thinks he is leaning towards he Huskers and all 4 CBs are for NU as well at this point.

I'm sure the fishing IS better in Wiscy, but hopefully Nash won't use that as his primary criteria.

Hilarious, when I was choosing grad schools, my first choice was Oregon, second choice Wisconsin at Madison. Both had good, reputable programs, so my main reason? Salmon fishing in Oregon, and walleyes and smallmouth and all of the water in Wisconsin.

It will be a BIG disappointment for me if he chooses Wisky [or anyone] over us. But it is possible and it would not be the first time a star HS athlete has chosen another University over us. If Nash is planning on wrestling too, one thing we may have in our favor is that Wisconsin has signed the #9 Hvy Wt wrestler from Illinois.

9. Aydin Guttridge..... Rockford East..Sr....... IL..... Wisconsin

Bryson Williams was his host during his OV. Well played by Wisconsin.

Perhaps unless he went the negative route peer recruiting

Will be interesting to see who he picks and why.

We shall know soon enough

Last edited:
Perhaps unless he went the negative route peer recruiting

Will be interesting to see who he picks and why.

We shall know soon enough
With a completely new staff here (Frost's instead of Riley's) from most of Bryson Williams recruitment, I'm not too worried about what Bryson would say or not say.

With a completely new staff here (Frost's instead of Riley's) from most of Bryson Williams recruitment, I'm not too worried about what Bryson would say or not say.

That makes sense I agree and I thought of that.

I still think we will land him when its said and done but far from a given or he more than likely would have already announced

Last edited:

That makes sense I agree and I thought of that.

I still think we will land him when its said and done but far from a given or he more than likely would have already announced
A few months back, he alluded to a July announcement date and is following through with that. I'm just as confident as I was before that he will be :Nsmilie: .

A few months back, he alluded to a July announcement date and is following through with that. I'm just as confident as I was before that he will be :Nsmilie: .

Yep, OV's are a nice way to get an airplane ride and a free lunch, but I think his heart is in Lincoln. Will be a nice pair with Turner Corcoran.

(EDIT) oops, NU wants him on D, according to the OWH today. But that's OK, just means he has someone good to go against in practice everyday.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back