• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Narrative of this season

But really, is the head coach's job to make the college football world aware of what his team is capable of, or to do the best he can for his team? If you think all coaches give an honest assessment of every (or any) situation, you probably need to be more critical in your interpretation of all coach comments.
Again, I don't necessarliy blame the coaches for their optimism, but I never really bought into a lot of what they were saying at the beginning of the year. I guess they were being hopeful. But I do think that blind optimism dug them several holes that made this season a lot worse than it had to be. Again, I'm hoping lessons learned for them.

Last edited:
Again, I don't necessarliy blame the coaches for their optimism, but I never really bought into a lot of what they were saying at the beginning of the year. I guess they were being hopeful. But I do think that blind optimism dug them several holes that made this season a lot worse than it had to be. Again, I'm hoping lessons learned for them.

This is a good way of putting it. Nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic. All we heard all off season and in preseason camp was rainbows and unicorns. They were just overly optimistic and haven't lived up to it. Because of that I think it is OK and fair for them to eat some crow, get a little more humble and get back to work.

They have lost games this year that they should not have lost and that is on them. There really is no excuse for losing the Colorado and especially the Purdue games.

This is a good way of putting it. Nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic. All we heard all off season and in preseason camp was rainbows and unicorns. They were just overly optimistic and haven't lived up to it. Because of that I think it is OK and fair for them to eat some crow, get a little more humble and get back to work.

They have lost games this year that they should not have lost and that is on them. There really is no excuse for losing the Colorado and especially the Purdue games.
agree 100%... hopefully a year older, a year wiser for this staff.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back