• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2022 Commits

1. WR Victor Jones Jr. (Florida) recruited by Sean Beckton and Matt Lubick
2. LB Ernest Hausmann (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud and Erik Chinander
3. TE Chase Androff (Minnesota) recruited by Sean Beckton and Mario Verduzco
I have watched only Hausmann's film from last year and he is a very good looking prospect. Plays good on both sides of the ball really a challenge to stop

3. QB Richard Torres ## (Texas) recruited by Mario Verduzco
4. TE Chase Androff (Minnesota) recruited by Sean Beckton and Mario Verduzco

* IMPO the top 3 are pretty interchangeable. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with putting them in any order.

## Plans to enroll early

Last edited:
3. QB Richard Torres (Texas) recruited by Mario Verduzco
4. TE Chase Androff (Minnesota) recruited by Sean Beckton and Mario Verduzco

* IMPO the top 3 are pretty interchangeable. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with putting them in any order.
Would you grade Androff higher as an OT project?

Would you grade Androff higher as an OT project?

Androff's an interesting get. He'll have a role in the offense, for sure. But is he the sort of guy you play 50+ snaps a game as your TE1?

Looking at the makeup of the room, with guys like Thomas Fidone, Chris Hickman and James Carnie, he's in a class by himself for what he brings to the table. AJ Rollins is closer than the other three, but none of them are in Androff's league as a blocker. At the same time, those three are much bigger receiving threats. I think those aforementioned three guys, especially Fidone, obviously, will get the bulk of the reps, but Androff will supplement in heavy/short yardage packages and as a 2nd TE in other formations.

In the few clips of film where he's catching the ball, he does so naturally. He doesn't fight the ball like, say, Cam Jurgens did coming out of HS. Is he the sort of athlete that would be a major threat in the passing game, though? Not sure what kind of run after catch guy he will develop into, and that's a pretty big part of the position. Moreso than it used to be. He's a throwback TE.

I know Minnesota liked the idea of moving him to OT and I can definitely see the logic behind that. Dudes 6-6 and will be 240+ this time next year and is gonna come in having blocked on 80% of the snaps he played and is a great athlete (in comparison to most HS OL prospects). He will honestly be just as developed as recent Husker OL signees like Matthew Anderson and Jimmy Fritzsche.

Androff's an interesting get. He'll have a role in the offense, for sure. But is he the sort of guy you play 50+ snaps a game as your TE1?

Looking at the makeup of the room, with guys like Thomas Fidone, Chris Hickman and James Carnie, he's in a class by himself for what he brings to the table. AJ Rollins is closer than the other three, but none of them are in Androff's league as a blocker. At the same time, those three are much bigger receiving threats. I think those aforementioned three guys, especially Fidone, obviously, will get the bulk of the reps, but Androff will supplement in heavy/short yardage packages and as a 2nd TE in other formations.

In the few clips of film where he's catching the ball, he does so naturally. He doesn't fight the ball like, say, Cam Jurgens did coming out of HS. Is he the sort of athlete that would be a major threat in the passing game, though? Not sure what kind of run after catch guy he will develop into, and that's a pretty big part of the position. Moreso than it used to be. He's a throwback TE.

I know Minnesota liked the idea of moving him to OT and I can definitely see the logic behind that. Dudes 6-6 and will be 240+ this time next year and is gonna come in having blocked on 80% of the snaps he played and is a great athlete (in comparison to most HS OL prospects). He will honestly be just as developed as recent Husker OL signees like Matthew Anderson and Jimmy Fritzsche.
Ditto on the Fritzsche look.
Having both types of TEs creates options, like Iowa used when they had their two great TEs.
Ferentz caught it when he didnt have Fant in the game, but wanted to push the run game more.
I see a similar thing, if we can pound the ball, pound it.

4. RB Ashton Hayes (Nevada) recruited by Ryan Held and Tony Tuioti
5. TE Chase Androff (Minnesota) recruited by Sean Beckton and Mario Verduzco

## Plans to enroll early

4. RB Ashton Hayes (Nevada) recruited by Ryan Held and Tony Tuioti
5. TE Chase Androff (Minnesota) recruited by Sean Beckton and Mario Verduzco

## Plans to enroll early
I think that is a good thing for the class if Hayes only ranks 4th at this time. I thought you might slot him a little higher, though you have said previously that there is not much of a gap between Jones, Hausmann, and Torres.

2. LB Ernest Hausmann ## (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud and Erik Chinander
4. WR Grant Page ## (Colorado) recruited by Matt Lubick
5. RB Ashton Hayes (Nevada) recruited by Ryan Held and Tony Tuioti
6. LB Jake Appleget (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud and Mike Dawson
7. TE Chase Androff (Minnesota) recruited by Sean Beckton and Mario Verduzco

## Plans to enroll early

Last edited:
I am not down on any of the young men who have committed, and I know there is more to this than star ratings. That said, should there be any concern though that none of our recruits are currently rated higher? It seems like Frost's previous classes had more of a 4* / 3* mix.

At this rate, our class rating may end up 4th or 5th in the West and in the 40s nationally. I guess if we get the right type of kids and DEVELOP them, then maybe it doesn't matter.

I am not down on any of the young men who have committed, and I know there is more to this than star ratings. That said, should there be any concern though that none of our recruits are currently rated higher? It seems like Frost's previous classes had more of a 4* / 3* mix.

At this rate, our class rating may end up 4th or 5th in the West and in the 40s nationally. I guess if we get the right type of kids and DEVELOP them, then maybe it doesn't matter.

Keep in mind most of the higher stars are earned on the Camp Circuit. Which like everything else has been shut down for over a year

So I would not read to much into that at this point in time

Torres is just one example of a kid who is introducing himself at the various camps. I think he is a 4 * talent based on the film etc I have seen

The recruiting services are playing catch up to boot with a lack of camps and in some cases kidd who went to schools who did not play in 2020

Bottom line it's early and everyone is trying to sort things out

Not to mention kids who don't in many cases get left out in the cold when it come to the stars rating

Lot of debate on the camp circuit being pay to play to boot as the camps etc are not free not to mention the travel etc

Last edited:

Just found this after I responded to you

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back