• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2020 Commits

Wow!! Georgia $2.6 Million. Crazy considering they reside in a hot bed of talent.
Well, if you spread that out over 25-26 recruits each year that's only about $100K per athlete/year. Reasonable....I guess.

Edit...and that's not accounting for what ever incentives might need to be applied to stay at the top...if you catch my meaning.
Second Edit...I see Atlanta beat me to the punch.

Last edited:
The luxury of being Bama...not even on the list. Kids just lining up to play for the salesman.

Well, if you spread that out over 25-26 recruits each year that's only about $100K per athlete/year. Reasonable....I guess.

Edit...and that's not accounting for what ever incentives might need to be applied to stay at the top...if you catch my meaning.
Second Edit...I see Atlanta beat me to the punch.
Not reasonable when you compare to what others are spending though.

I always forget the sarcasm emo....:Sarcastic:There...found one.
lol I was wondering. I think N2FL is right, money well spent, they are recruiting at an unreal clip. But the very first recruiting ranking by Rivals was 2002, where Georgia was ranked 3rd. I could understand Nebraska spending that amount, i'm curious what Georgia spends all of their money on. Maybe we are missing out somewhere?

The luxury of being Bama...not even on the list. Kids just lining up to play for the salesman.

Salesman? Really? Nick Saban has built a college football super power like we've never seen before. He's fostered a culture built on four and five-star recruits coming in and wanting to compete with each other. Kids coming in knowing nothing will be handed to them, even if they are the No. 1 recruit in the country. The team is full of players who go out and earn everything they have. They know they'll be the biggest target in the country. The standard everyone will compare themselves to. Every team they play treats it like their Super Bowl. They have more pressure and expectations than anyone and it's been that way for over a decade. Because of his success and reputation, Saban deals with tremendous staff turnover every year from guys getting HC, coordinator and NFL gigs from their time with him. He keeps on rolling. He's the envy and gold standard that every coach and program strive to equal.

Salesman? Really? Nick Saban has built a college football super power like we've never seen before. He's fostered a culture built on four and five-star recruits coming in and wanting to compete with each other. Kids coming in knowing nothing will be handed to them, even if they are the No. 1 recruit in the country. The team is full of players who go out and earn everything they have. They know they'll be the biggest target in the country. The standard everyone will compare themselves to. Every team they play treats it like their Super Bowl. They have more pressure and expectations than anyone and it's been that way for over a decade. Because of his success and reputation, Saban deals with tremendous staff turnover every year from guys getting HC, coordinator and NFL gigs from their time with him. He keeps on rolling. He's the envy and gold standard that every coach and program strive to equal.
I think longevity is the reason your Saban comment is reasonably accurate. I don’t think many would say the talent level at Alabama is any greater than what Carroll did at USC. Similarities in the depth, recruits jockeying to be a part of that, 2 losses constitute a sucky year.

I don’t like Pete, but he had a monster built in L.A.

I think longevity is the reason your Saban comment is reasonably accurate. I don’t think many would say the talent level at Alabama is any greater than what Carroll did at USC. Similarities in the depth, recruits jockeying to be a part of that, 2 losses constitute a sucky year.

I don’t like Pete, but he had a monster built in L.A.

Pete Carroll is probably my favorite college coach.

I agree with this post. I just can't bring myself to "like" it though.

Hopefully the rankings get updated soon with a Morrison commitment. Then maybe again soon after with a Scott commitment.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back