• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2019 Commits

Actually sitting down and taking an in depth look at Nebraska's class, I'm really impressed. They are really hitting on some things they've talked about doing since they arrived. Offensively, you see a common theme among the skill guys they're bringing in: They're game-changing home run hitters. The offensive linemen have great frames and are high-ceiling kids, even if a couple of them are really raw - who could conceivably not pan out like they want. But I guess that's the case with a four-star as well.

On the other side of the ball, coaches have mentioned the need to upgrade the overall size, length, and athleticism on the defensive side of the football since they arrived last year. With 3-5 more defensive players likely to be added in February, you can already take a look at the kids coming and see they're hitting on that. Look at the size of the DB's. Just look at the heights of the defensive players added across the board.

Really impressive.

Started my write up for this class. It's going to be pretty extensive if I finish like I started (thru the offensive skill position players). Each kid has a few paragraphs on his recruitment, accolades, skill set, etc. Would you guys rather I toned it down a bit? It's going to be long otherwise and wouldn't want to waste my time if people weren't gonna take the time. I tend to think people won't read it if it's too long.

Also still debating where to slot a few guys. Leaning toward WR over RB for Wandale Robinson since that's more where he'll play and OL for Ethan Piper since I think Nebraska gets Matthew Pola-Mao to be there class NG. Plus I don't think they sign Bland and Piper is a nice interior prospect on the o-line.
Jeremy, your detailed contributions are not only appreciated, but enjoyed, especially during the offseason which was mentioned earlier.

With regard to your position assessments, I truly hope Piper is moved to the Oline...as he is too good of an athlete and I like my big athletic guys on the offensive side of the ball. I also agree about Wandale...not that my opinion means squat. Jmo.

Started my write up for this class. It's going to be pretty extensive if I finish like I started (thru the offensive skill position players). Each kid has a few paragraphs on his recruitment, accolades, skill set, etc. Would you guys rather I toned it down a bit? It's going to be long otherwise and wouldn't want to waste my time if people weren't gonna take the time. I tend to think people won't read it if it's too long.
The more the better. I love reading your posts.

says it all
bigger longer uncut.jpg

Last edited:

If you remember, one of the things I pointed to when Frost was hired was his recruiting prowess as an assistant at Oregon, where he was one of the best recruiters in the Pac-12.

He's a coach who understands the importance of it and takes a prominent role with several kids, especially the top prospects on his board. If you noticed, when NPG committed, he mentioned Frost took a major role in his recruitment. The same was revealed with several kids in this class.

Most head coaches act as closers. They let their assistants do the heavy lifting and seal the deal during OV's or in home visits. Not Frost. He's a coach who enjoys and respects the recruiting aspect of his job. The results have been obvious. Top 25 class in his initial regime change class...Top 20 class coming this year in his first full cycle...Top 15 coming next year after a full two years (which is standard now for each class to be identified, targeted and recruited).

Take Two: Can Nebraska's Scott Frost keep up his fast recruiting start?

THE STORYLINE

With the commitment of four-star defensive back Noa Pola-Gates at the Polynesian Bowl this past weekend, Nebraska has now landed double-digit four-star prospects for the first time since 2011.

Scott Frost is definitely doing work as Pola-Gates was also seriously looking at home-state Arizona State along with USC, where his cousin plays, and then Alabama and others earlier in his recruitment.

The Huskers went to Arizona for Pola-Gates and four-star defensive end Ty Robinson, who shined at the All-American Bowl earlier this month. High four-star Wandale Robinson is basically a Rondale Moore clone. Four-star Bryce Benhart is a 6-foot-9, 301-pounder who looks like a future star. The class is loaded with top recruits.

Frost has Nebraska as the third-ranked team in the Big Ten behind Michigan and Penn State but ahead of Ohio State. That’s a great start.

Can Frost keep this level of recruiting up or was this recruiting cycle an anomaly for one of the hottest young coaches in college football?

TAKE ONE: Nate Clouse, HuskerOnline.com

"Frost’s first full recruiting class at Nebraska currently sits at No. 14 in the nation with two recruiting weekends to go before the February Signing Day. While that’s as good of a class as the Huskers have had in a very long time, I feel as if Frost has things about where they should be.

"Fans should always expect Nebraska to have recruiting classes that fall somewhere in that 15-20 range. Of course, there will be years where the Huskers could land inside the top 15 and years where they fall just out of the top 20, but overall 15 to 20 should be expected.

"One factor that will always go a long way in determining Nebraska’s team ranking will be what the talent pool inside the 500-mile radius of Lincoln looks like. Fortunately for Frost, that pool appears to be on an uptick in the coming years.

“I believe recruiting at that expectation level will inherently translate into more wins. Once Frost and his staff start to stack up big winning seasons, that include playing for the Big Ten Championship on a consistent basis, we’ll see them gain the ability to push the limits of breaking inside the top 15 on a much more consistent basis.”

TAKE TWO: Mike Farrell, Rivals.com

“They can expect this. He’s a big name, he’s a good recruiter and he’s a good talent developer. They got better and better throughout the season. It’s going to be one of those situations where his name and the ability to recruit will lead four-stars there.

“They’re never going to have double-digit four-stars every year. Overall, recruiting will definitely takes a step up under Frost.”

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/ta...cott-frost-keep-up-his-fast-recruiting-start-

says it allView attachment 20112
iu

:nod::Corn2:

Last edited:

Also still debating where to slot a few guys. Leaning toward WR over RB for Wandale Robinson since that's more where he'll play and OL for Ethan Piper since I think Nebraska gets Matthew Pola-Mao to be there class NG. Plus I don't think they sign Bland and Piper is a nice interior prospect on the o-line.

Tl;dr. :Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back