• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2019 Commits

I think eventually you will see a very good looking trio of in-state players as the early core of the 2019 class. I think tight end Chris Hickman will get a Husker offer soon. He has looked great and was very impressive at the FNL event too. I think LB Nick Henrich will be a part of this class soon too.

With the staff already starting to zero in on some key guys for the 2019 class, I thought I would put together a bit of a wish list for the Huskers (outside of the three in-state guys I mentioned - Nelson, Henrich, Hickman). These are all guys who have pretty serious interest in Nebraska and are also all ranked at least four-stars:

LB Owen Pappoe (Georgia)
S Brian Williams (Texas)
OT Will Putnam (Florida)
QB Max Duggan (Iowa)
Ath. Marquez Beason (Texas)
CB Max Williams (California)
CB Jordan Clark (Louisiana)
WR Marcus Washington (Missouri)
WR Cameron Coleman (IMG/Missouri)
WR Jalani Williams (Missouri)
OLB Shammond Cooper (Missouri)
DE/OLB Marcus Hicks (Kansas)
Ath. Isaiah Williams (Missouri)

Notice that six of these 13 kids are from border states. The staff should make sure these kids all know its an open door policy on them taking as many unofficials as they want this season. Guys like Duggan, Hicks, Cooper, Washington, I. Williams and J. Williams should be fixtures on the sidelines if they want.

With the staff already starting to zero in on some key guys for the 2019 class, I thought I would put together a bit of a wish list for the Huskers (outside of the three in-state guys I mentioned - Nelson, Henrich, Hickman). These are all guys who have pretty serious interest in Nebraska and are also all ranked at least four-stars:

LB Owen Pappoe (Georgia)
S Brian Williams (Texas)
OT Will Putnam (Florida)
QB Max Duggan (Iowa)

Notice that six of these 13 kids are from border states. The staff should make sure these kids all know its an open door policy on them taking as many unofficials as they want this season. Guys like Duggan, Hicks, Cooper, Washington, I. Williams and J. Williams should be fixtures on the sidelines if they want.

Good stuff and thanks for posting.

LB Owen Pappoe (Georgia)
S Brian Williams (Texas)
OT Will Putnam (Florida)
QB Max Duggan (Iowa)

Yeah, the FNL video had me look up Isaiah Williams. Do they all have offers?

247 (Schaefer) put their own list together: http://nebraska.247sports.com/Conte...ts-top-2019-targets-are-going-forwar-53393324

To summarize, they listed:

Ath. Marques Beason (Texas)
RB Noah Cain (IMG)
WR Cameron Coleman (IMG)
LB Shammond Cooper (Missouri)
QB JT Daniels (California)
QB Max Duggan (Iowa)
LB Nick Henrich (Nebraska)
DE Marcus Hicks (Kansas)
RB Garrison Johnson (Texas)
LB Garrett Nelson (Nebraska) *Committed
LB Owen Pappoe (Georgia)
WR Jordan Whittington (Texas)
S Brian Williams (Texas)
Ath Isaiah Williams (Missouri)

I knew RB Cain named Nebraska among his top schools, although to be frank, I am in the frame of mind now where I dont think Reggie Davis can win a recruiting battle for someone of Cain's (five-star) stature - even with Bookie at IMG peer recruiting him. That's why I didn't include him in my list. Cain has CB's for Texas, Miami, Oklahoma and LSU already. I cant see Reggie Davis out-recruiting any of those schools. Not in my wildest dreams.

QB JT Daniels, now that Grant Gunnell is committed to Texas A&M, would be the best case scenario at QB for Nebraska IMPO. He is a five-star (like Gunnell) from California who seems to be leaning more towards Pac-12 schools like Stanford, Washington and USC. He is also high on Michigan. I think Duggan is far more likely.

247 (Schaefer) put their own list together: http://nebraska.247sports.com/Conte...ts-top-2019-targets-are-going-forwar-53393324

To summarize, they listed:

Ath. Marques Beason (Texas)
RB Noah Cain (IMG)
WR Cameron Coleman (IMG)
LB Shammond Cooper (Missouri)
QB JT Daniels (California)
QB Max Duggan (Iowa)
LB Nick Henrich (Nebraska)
DE Marcus Hicks (Kansas)
RB Garrison Johnson (Texas)
LB Garrett Nelson (Nebraska) *Committed
LB Owen Pappoe (Georgia)
WR Jordan Whittington (Texas)
S Brian Williams (Texas)
Ath Isaiah Williams (Missouri)

I knew RB Cain named Nebraska among his top schools, although to be frank, I am in the frame of mind now where I dont think Reggie Davis can win a recruiting battle for someone of Cain's (five-star) stature - even with Bookie at IMG peer recruiting him. That's why I didn't include him in my list. Cain has CB's for Texas, Miami, Oklahoma and LSU already. I cant see Reggie Davis out-recruiting any of those schools. Not in my wildest dreams.

QB JT Daniels, now that Grant Gunnell is committed to Texas A&M, would be the best case scenario at QB for Nebraska IMPO. He is a five-star (like Gunnell) from California who seems to be leaning more towards Pac-12 schools like Stanford, Washington and USC. He is also high on Michigan. I think Duggan is far more likely.

Dad:

1. OLB Garrett Nelson (Nebraska)
2. Ath. Garrett Snodgrass (Nebraska)
Hopefully, you can tell two Garretts from Nebraska apart. ;)

I'm sure Snodgrass wouldn't be too upset with this ranking since his team beat Nelson's in the Class B playoffs this fall.

Backed off his pledge...not a surprise. The way his recruitment has blown up since he committed to Nebraska, with two years before he signs, I was not shocked to see this a little while ago. IMO Nebraska will still be in the hunt for him in the end.
Appreciate your posts N2FL,always thought out and informative. I know it takes time to research and post what you do.Thank you.GBR.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back