• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2019 Commits

I can make a strong argument that 2019 QB Grant Gunnell was the most important visitor this weekend. Yes even over Bookie. Not only does he play the most important position on the field - and I think we saw during this spring game how important the QB is in this offense - but IMPO he is a better looking prospect (especially at this age) than either Patrick O'Brien or Tristan Gebbia.

I was really impressed with all three Husker QB's, heck even Andrew Bunch looked good for a career #4 guy. Lee, POB and Gebbia showed exactly what Langsdorf wants and needs in his QB. All of them were accurate, made correct decisions with the ball, used the check down efficiently...I know the defense was very vanilla today, but the QB's looked very good.

Gunnell would fit right in. Very impressive film for a sophomore. Easily the #1 target for the entire 2019 class IMPO - and the Huskers are after (and in decent shape with) a few five-star kids too. Gunnell is a five-star talent IMPO.

I can make a strong argument that 2019 QB Grant Gunnell was the most important visitor this weekend. Yes even over Bookie. Not only does he play the most important position on the field - and I think we saw during this spring game how important the QB is in this offense - but IMPO he is a better looking prospect (especially at this age) than either Patrick O'Brien or Tristan Gebbia.

I was really impressed with all three Husker QB's, heck even Andrew Bunch looked good for a career #4 guy. Lee, POB and Gebbia showed exactly what Langsdorf wants and needs in his QB. All of them were accurate, made correct decisions with the ball, used the check down efficiently...I know the defense was very vanilla today, but the QB's looked very good.

Gunnell would fit right in. Very impressive film for a sophomore. Easily the #1 target for the entire 2019 class IMPO - and the Huskers are after (and in decent shape with) a few five-star kids too. Gunnell is a five-star talent IMPO.
Really glad to see that he was there today. I think that Langsdorf feels the same way. He's been establishing that relationship for a while. Gunnell is definitely a key piece moving forward.

He sounds like a great prospect. Is there any chance we pass on a QB for the 2018 class if we miss out on the guys were are interested in? I know you want a QB each year. But next year Lee will be a senior and the others will all be underclassmen still. I was just thinking that if we happened to get an early commitment from Gunnell we might just pass in 2018 with the small class.

He sounds like a great prospect. Is there any chance we pass on a QB for the 2018 class if we miss out on the guys were are interested in? I know you want a QB each year. But next year Lee will be a senior and the others will all be underclassmen still. I was just thinking that if we happened to get an early commitment from Gunnell we might just pass in 2018 with the small class.

I still think we have to take a QB for the 2018 class. We have three on scholarship for this season. But what if one of them transfers out after the year or one suffers a career ending injury? Gunnell could commit and then flip somewhere else on signing day or he could just not develop for whatever reason. I know those are all "what if" situations, but I just think it's important to grab a QB every class.

Passing on a QB is a mistake IMPO. Langsdorf will find someone...

Yeah I know it is certainly a risk not taking one every year. I just thought maybe if we missed on all the ones we liked it might be better to pass than to take a less desirable player. Anyway thanks guys.

Backed off his pledge...not a surprise. The way his recruitment has blown up since he committed to Nebraska, with two years before he signs, I was not shocked to see this a little while ago. IMO Nebraska will still be in the hunt for him in the end.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back