• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N. Pola-Gates mom has words for Frost & Co

WR proved to have some dog in him, in addition to the ability to make you miss in a phone booth. Compare their tape and NPG looks downright lazy in HS.
I was referring to the fact that he hit him pretty hard in that all star game. Yes NPG didnt pan out but when you see his offer list and where he officially visited he was not a reach at all. That is unless you know something that Alabama, USC, Oregon, and Penn State didnt know. The one thing that you did say that I would agree with is Frost and company didnt develop talent, that is 100% correct.

Watch the senior tape. He pushes guys down, doesn't wrap, jogs half ass to the play too often, not much in the way of explosion, doesn't look particularly fast.

I have no clue why he was rated so high.

Pushing guys over is not the same as dropping the hammer. He doesn't even have a hammer button. How is he supposed to play B1G ball? G5 talent at best IMHO.

Just another example of Frost and staff, chasing stars to boost class rankings, but not finding players to fit into a system and *gasp* develop them.

Small guys have to be dogs. We have had them. Hartzog, Barron Miles. If you are small, you better be smart and quick additionally. Grixby, Bootle, and Mitchell come to mind. But they had corner skills.

If you are 5'11 165, you better be among the fastest on the team.

I watched his film and don't agree with all of this. He doesn't look like a prototypical safety, but he looks like he can play to me.

I don't like the push or shoulder tackle, but obviously Chinander was good with it as that's what we did.

He looks like a glider from a running style standpoint, which is odd for a guy under 6' You frequently watch him moving past folks who look like they're peddling like hell. Coleman looks similar in that he looks like he's not even trying.

I don't know why he didn't pan out in Lincoln. Size may have played a factor in it and better players at his position surely did. Maybe he couldn't grasp the defense. Most of his film he's reacting to the guy in front of him or following the ball. Don't see much in the way of receiver handoffs, etc., so that might have been an issue when his responsibilities became more intense.

I watched his film and don't agree with all of this. He doesn't look like a prototypical safety, but he looks like he can play to me.

I don't like the push or shoulder tackle, but obviously Chinander was good with it as that's what we did.

He looks like a glider from a running style standpoint, which is odd for a guy under 6' You frequently watch him moving past folks who look like they're peddling like hell. Coleman looks similar in that he looks like he's not even trying.

I don't know why he didn't pan out in Lincoln. Size may have played a factor in it and better players at his position surely did. Maybe he couldn't grasp the defense. Most of his film he's reacting to the guy in front of him or following the ball. Don't see much in the way of receiver handoffs, etc., so that might have been an issue when his responsibilities became more intense.
This very well could have been a problem. With all good players in HS there is a certain amount of "free lance" type of play that they will be able to get away with just because they are that much better than everyone else. When you get to a P5 school that athletic gap between players becomes much smaller. NPG may have had a lot of "free lance" in his game. You have to be able to work within the framework of defense to make plays.

This very well could have been a problem. With all good players in HS there is a certain amount of "free lance" type of play that they will be able to get away with just because they are that much better than everyone else. When you get to a P5 school that athletic gap between players becomes much smaller. NPG may have had a lot of "free lance" in his game. You have to be able to work within the framework of defense to make plays.

His film reads like he was told 'go to the ball' other than the rare occasions where they had him face up on someone and play man. Like you mentioned, when you're a really good player in HS, it's easy. You can flow with the play, look for the ball and make yourself a pretty good highlight real if you can run and tackle. At the next level its another story. Reading motion, responsibility handoffs in mid play and THEN you get to react to the ball.

There was always something going on between Gates' mom and the staff over his lack of playing time. I really liked Gates and hopes he is able to find a home and make it work.

Not to sound too harsh, but the fact he had trouble even cracking the Special-teams over many a walk-on tells us all we need to know.
Keep in mind that our staff kept Clements out for three years. Henrich gets hurt and all of a sudden he is the best LB on the team. Gates may not be the problem.

Our previous coaching staff was lame, ineffective as teachers, played favorites, and showed no accountability.

I'm surprised there haven't been more parents who came out .

For the record, I'm not a person who uses social media to air personal grievances, so I'm not a big fan of those who do. But I can certainly understand her frustration if in fact a lot of what's been said is true.
Truth

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back