• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N. Pola-Gates mom has words for Frost & Co

I am not sure that @70county is projecting her knowledge

... using her words, she has "stuff" she'd like to say to SF et al ... it strongly suggests she's angry, mad and assigning blame for their interactions with NPG. So she's saying she isn't doing anything but offering forgiveness but the way she's going about it ... she's assigning blame.

... her words (actions) is to offer forgiveness while wanting to give him (them) the finger. Does it not suggest she is mad at their interactions with her son?

I am not sure that @70county is projecting her knowledge

... using her words, she has "stuff" she'd like to say to SF et al ... it strongly suggests she's angry, mad and assigning blame for their interactions with NPG. So she's saying she isn't doing anything but offering forgiveness but the way she's going about it ... she's assigning blame.

... her words (actions) is to offer forgiveness while wanting to give him (them) the finger. Does it not suggest she is mad at their interactions with her son?
deleted

Last edited:
Ultimately, that was my point. A lot of kids got shortchanged from a developmental perspective. Several highly recruited players on the team today can certainly attest. Regression or at best, stagnation, became the norm.

Many ways to measure that. Eyeball test worked well.

From an NFL draft perspective, 10 total players were drafted from Frost's five years in Lincoln. Only two were higher than the 5th round. That's the worst 5-year period for Nebraska putting players into the pros since the late-1940s to early-1950s time frame.

Probably a case of sour grapes on her part but I am willing to give her and her son the benefit of the doubt. He probably didn't get a fair shot here. Poor development has chased a few players off. Previous staff had a lot of players bail after a year or two.
Getting a fair shot and poor development are different things. Regardless of how completely inept the previous staff was, there aren't alot of indications they didn't put their best players on the field.

With 3 different DCs and multiple DB coaches, it's reasonable to believe he got a fair shot. Safety was one of the more talented and experienced groups during his time.

Was he developed to be his best? Most likely not, but that's the same for the 140 or so other players on the team so he wasn't being unfairly disadvantaged compared to his teammates.

He obviously didn't consistently show all his different coaches that he was just too good to not be on the field. All that said, maybe there is something other than playing time/development that she is referring to.

Considering how Frost's staff evaluated talent I'd normally agree with you, but as someone in the comments on twitter pointed out:
"Tough look when your son had the chance to play for 3 DCs -Chins -Busch -White And 3 DB coaches -Fisher -Busch -Cooper And they ALL came to the exact same conclusion on NPG. It’s called life. Not everything can be put on other people."
Yep. He had a chance to start fresh and basically pissed that away as well. These new coaches came in with a fresh look at how hard he worked and evaluated his talent level compared to the other DB’s ….. he obviously fell short. See ya. Good luck in the future young man.

I am not sure if NPG has the skill set to play. Never seemed like a hitter, didn't have corner speed, and lacked size for safety. Not a good combo if you want to play B1G ball. He didn't even contribute much if any on special teams.

Frost and staff took a flyer to boost there recruiting rankings. Doubt they had to fight hard for him recruiting against othe name brand schools.

Last edited:
Yep, you, I and everyone on this board understands her frustration. But Don’t pretend to be taking the high road. Tell or don’t. Sounds an awful lot like she’d like for it to be the coaches fault but it really wasn’t, so she ‘refrained’ because she didn’t actually have much to point to that explains why the boy underachieved. Lots of smoke regarding previous staff for sure, no argument there, but to come out telling everyone how your “holding back” while literally telling them how bad his Time was is weak.
I’m tired of people always blaming someone else for there failures. How long was her son in Lincoln, and when did it go south? In today’s world a kid can practically transfer out on a weekly basis.
How do you know what she is mad about is Not the coaches fault? You are assuming she is mad cuz her kid did not play. You do not know that. Maybe SF et all did not have a fondness for PI people. Maybe they told him not to put on weight and the new staff came in and said you are too small. Maybe one of the coaches pinched her butt and SF did nothing about it. None of is know.

The post tells me mom is hurting badly. The mothers of most of the players have a right to be mad. FWIW, however, you don’t forgive someone by telling the world you have a right to be so mad you want to give them the finger, but you are forgiving that terrible person. That is more like kicking someone in the nuts and saying “I feel better, now we are even. I can move on now.”

I am not sure if NPG has the skill set to play. Never seemed like a hitter, didn't have corner speed, and lacked size for safety. Not a good combo if you want to play B1G ball. He didn't even contribute much if any on special teams.

Frost and staff took a flyer to boost there recruiting rankings. Doubt they had to fight hard for him recruiting against othe name brand schools.
He was actually highly recruited. #134 in the country. Here is the scouting report on him:

"Lean and wiry frame. Looks strong at 180 pounds, and could add mass without sacrificing flexibility. Athletic in coverage, instinctive and aggressive on plays in front of him. Versatile player that can fill several spots in a secondary. Not afraid of one-on-one matchups. Highly competitive. Can cover chunks of yardage and react to the quarterback. Quickness to be very effective against slot receivers as nickel. Savvy enough to guard the perimeter against bigger wideouts. Needs to add size and become more durable. Could improve his tackling. Major potential to be multi-year Power 5 starter and future second-day NFL Draft selection"

The post tells me mom is hurting badly. The mothers of most of the players have a right to be mad. FWIW, however, you don’t forgive someone by telling the world you have a right to be so mad you want to give them the finger, but you are forgiving that terrible person. That is more like kicking someone in the nuts and saying “I feel better, now we are even. I can move on now.”
Bingo!!!!!!

It was immature, a hundred years too late, and could have been handled better. Not a good example to set for your kids either.

The same link shows him at 165 lbs. He was not a hitter. We have all seen how rankings are misleading.

Not saying he that he couldn't be developed more, but he never seemed to put his nose in the mix. At that size he should have been a corner. There is a reason he was a safety. He didn't have the requisite skill set for corner, and didn't have the size or tackling skills to be a safety.

I didn't think he looked all that special at the HS All American game.

The same link shows him at 165 lbs. He was not a hitter. We have all seen how rankings are misleading.

Not saying he that he couldn't be developed more, but he never seemed to put his nose in the mix. At that size he should have been a corner. There is a reason he was a safety. He didn't have the requisite skill set for corner, and didn't have the size or tackling skills to be a safety.

I didn't think he looked all that special at the HS All American game.
Wandale Robinson may disagree with you.

Watch the senior tape. He pushes guys down, doesn't wrap, jogs half ass to the play too often, not much in the way of explosion, doesn't look particularly fast.

I have no clue why he was rated so high.

Pushing guys over is not the same as dropping the hammer. He doesn't even have a hammer button. How is he supposed to play B1G ball? G5 talent at best IMHO.

Just another example of Frost and staff, chasing stars to boost class rankings, but not finding players to fit into a system and *gasp* develop them.

Small guys have to be dogs. We have had them. Hartzog, Barron Miles. If you are small, you better be smart and quick additionally. Grixby, Bootle, and Mitchell come to mind. But they had corner skills.

If you are 5'11 165, you better be among the fastest on the team.

Wandale Robinson may disagree with you.
WR proved to have some dog in him, in addition to the ability to make you miss in a phone booth. Compare their tape and NPG looks downright lazy in HS.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back