• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N. Pola-Gates mom has words for Frost & Co

Probably a case of sour grapes on her part but I am willing to give her and her son the benefit of the doubt. He probably didn't get a fair shot here. Poor development has chased a few players off. Previous staff had a lot of players bail after a year or two.

Probably a case of sour grapes on her part but I am willing to give her and her son the benefit of the doubt. He probably didn't get a fair shot here. Poor development has chased a few players off. Previous staff had a lot of players bail after a year or two.
Considering how Frost's staff evaluated talent I'd normally agree with you, but as someone in the comments on twitter pointed out:
"Tough look when your son had the chance to play for 3 DCs -Chins -Busch -White And 3 DB coaches -Fisher -Busch -Cooper And they ALL came to the exact same conclusion on NPG. It’s called life. Not everything can be put on other people."

Considering how Frost's staff evaluated talent I'd normally agree with you, but as someone in the comments on twitter pointed out:
"Tough look when your son had the chance to play for 3 DCs -Chins -Busch -White And 3 DB coaches -Fisher -Busch -Cooper And they ALL came to the exact same conclusion on NPG. It’s called life. Not everything can be put on other people."
There is truth in that

Public finger pointing and assessment of blame usually looks worse on those pointing the finger, as it does this time.

Her sanctimonious behavior to offer public absolution to a former coach, rings as self righteousness to the point of nausea

It's a photo with no context.
You've never gave the finger?
um, hes wearing the uniform. thats enough for me. poor representation of the university and no respect for the ppl that suit up in that uniform(past, present, and future).

She could be talking about something other than playing time/coaching so I don't want to be harsh but it's not like he didn't have multiple DC's and position coaches (or maybe that's the problem?). If she isn't happy because he didn't get drafted, I don't think that's on the coaches, at least not mostly.
This is the mom of the kid who flipped off the opposing teams fans if I recall correctly. Mom is just being a mom and was told things by her son, who may or may not have been telling the whole truth. Maybe he wasn't as good as he thought. I think Fisher was a straight shooter and it may have pissed of N. Pole Gates.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back