• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N. Pola-Gates mom has words for Frost & Co

Our previous coaching staff was lame, ineffective as teachers, played favorites, and showed no accountability.

I'm surprised there haven't been more parents who came out .

For the record, I'm not a person who uses social media to air personal grievances, so I'm not a big fan of those who do. But I can certainly understand her frustration if in fact a lot of what's been said is true.

Yep, you, I and everyone on this board understands her frustration. But Don’t pretend to be taking the high road. Tell or don’t. Sounds an awful lot like she’d like for it to be the coaches fault but it really wasn’t, so she ‘refrained’ because she didn’t actually have much to point to that explains why the boy underachieved. Lots of smoke regarding previous staff for sure, no argument there, but to come out telling everyone how your “holding back” while literally telling them how bad his Time was is weak.
I’m tired of people always blaming someone else for there failures. How long was her son in Lincoln, and when did it go south? In today’s world a kid can practically transfer out on a weekly basis.

Our previous coaching staff was lame, ineffective as teachers, played favorites, and showed no accountability.

I'm surprised there haven't been more parents who came out .

For the record, I'm not a person who uses social media to air personal grievances, so I'm not a big fan of those who do. But I can certainly understand her frustration if in fact a lot of what's been said is true.
Agree with all the above plus want to add one more point.

SF and original staff were proven to be among the worst staffs in all of football at developing their players. They literally robbed the players of being their best. For that if I was a player or their parents I would despise Those coaches

Yep, you, I and everyone on this board understands her frustration. But Don’t pretend to be taking the high road. Tell or don’t. Sounds an awful lot like she’d like for it to be the coaches fault but it really wasn’t, so she ‘refrained’ because she didn’t actually have much to point to that explains why the boy underachieved. Lots of smoke regarding previous staff for sure, no argument there, but to come out telling everyone how your “holding back” while literally telling them how bad his Time was is weak.
I’m tired of people always blaming someone else for there failures. How long was her son in Lincoln, and when did it go south? In today’s world a kid can practically transfer out on a weekly basis.
You post is a projection of her knowledge and intent that you just don't know. For all I know, he courageously stuck here through the problems trying to make it work and finally left.

I'm tired of people assigning intent to people they don't know.

Last edited:
You post is a projection of her knowledge and intent that you just don't know. For all I know, he courageously stuck here through the problems trying to make it work and finally left.

I'm tired of people assigning intent to people they don't know.
I am not sure that @70county is projecting her knowledge

... using her words, she has "stuff" she'd like to say to SF et al ... it strongly suggests she's angry, mad and assigning blame for their interactions with NPG. So she's saying she isn't doing anything but offering forgiveness but the way she's going about it ... she's assigning blame.

... her words (actions) is to offer forgiveness while wanting to give him (them) the finger. Does it not suggest she is mad at their interactions with her son?

It is a two-way street. Players also have to be responsible for their part of it. What we don't know is how much effort NPG put into his own progress and communication. What we do know is that the staff was enormously inept. Regarding him being able to enter the transfer port on a weekly basis that is not true. There are windows and even then, transferring mid-season doesn't make sense but more importantly.........they might not have come to a realization of how bad he was being utilized immediately. Again, a lot of speculation on my part too, but it seems there is enough smoke to know players weren't being developed and used correctly.

Agree with all the above plus want to add one more point.

SF and original staff were proven to be among the worst staffs in all of football at developing their players. They literally robbed the players of being their best. For that if I was a player or their parents I would despise Those coaches
Ultimately, that was my point. A lot of kids got shortchanged from a developmental perspective. Several highly recruited players on the team today can certainly attest. Regression or at best, stagnation, became the norm.

The things that we know as facts about NPG are that he was hurt the whole first year he was at Nebraska. That slows down your development. The other fact is that he is not a very big guy and he really hasn't put on any weight since he got to Nebraska. He is about 5'10" and about 175. Not real big for a safety in the B1G. Then covid happened. That gave the starting safeties a another year of eligibility, which they took. That is 3 years worth of things that really effected his playing time.

So add into that 3 years of recruiting after he got to Nebraska 2020-2022. He got passed up by better guys. Its that simple. I understand the frustration by mom, but airing your grievances on social media is not the best or most mature thing. He probably should have went in the portal after the 2021 season.

If you want to blame his lack of development on the previous staff that's fine. Development is not just on the staff. The player has to meet them halfway.

Maybe it was an attitude thing??....;)

1684940269273.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back