• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

mystery writers

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
I'm in the mood for some good modern mysteries. I just finished a few of the Jo Nesbo books and those were great (police work, murders, complex plots - read his Snowman). anyone have any ideas?

61t-xzvguyL._SX398_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the mood for some good modern mysteries. I just finished a few of the Jo Nesbo books and those were great (police work, murders, complex plots - read his Snowman). anyone have any ideas?

I've read all of Nesbo's stuff and like the entire series.

Try Tara French's 'Dublin Murder Squad' series. Equally twisty from a plot standpoint.

Ian K. Smith can write a tale. He has the ability to not write over his readers heads. Looking for a quick, fun read.... Check the Ancient Nine out.
View attachment 32291
Perhaps not the "type of mystery" you are looking for but this book has been very fun to read.

Just finished In The Woods. Thanks for pointing it out. It was a good read.

You should pick up her other books. She’s got an interesting way of connecting the storyline book to book while providing some character continuity without just writing about the same character over and over. I didn’t like it at first as I’d grown comfortable with her characters, but it kind of makes every book ‘new’ beyond just the story.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back