• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

My screen continues jumping up and down

Is it a laptop or desktop? Could be ads, as mentioned. I would also check to see if you have an old driver that may be causing the issue. If its a laptop, try disabling the touchpad.

Is it a laptop or desktop? Could be ads, as mentioned. I would also check to see if you have an old driver that may be causing the issue. If its a laptop, try disabling the touchpad.

Desktop, probably an old driver issue. I'll have to get IT down here to fix that issue. Thanks.

Most likely has to do with ads and such loading at the top and bottom of the screen. If they don't load evenly/simultaneously, it can cause your screen to jump around. I get it a little bit on my PC, but really where I run into this the most is when using the web on my phone.

Not sure that is the only cause as I have an ad-blocker and it still happens to me from time to time.

I think you're right on the ads, any way to stop it?

What browser are you using? Chrome is the only one I've tried that works well with HM and its many ads. Firefox chokes to death on the Flash plugin and IE is just hopeless. Also, what other stuff do you have running in the background?

Additionally, while most modern systems shouldn't choke to death on ads, your CPU, RAM and internet speed are potential contributing factors.

You win!

Thank you that stopped it. I can handle it happening once in awhile but it was every time! Thank you.

There's also ABP, as someone else mentioned. I haven't had to resort to that yet, though. Glad it fixed your problem.

Not sure that is the only cause as I have an ad-blocker and it still happens to me from time to time.

I think it's always going to happen from time-to-time when things aren't loading perfectly smoothly, and there are other things loading besides the ads, and, as KingTM mentioned, a driver issue could be causing problems, too.

Still, for me, the biggest contributor to the effect on this site is usually ads. I don't use ABP since it's not that bad for me, but I do get the jitter from time to time.

Last edited:

What browser are you using? Chrome is the only one I've tried that works well with HM and its many ads. Firefox chokes to death on the Flash plugin and IE is just hopeless. Also, what other stuff do you have running in the background?

Additionally, while most modern systems shouldn't choke to death on ads, your CPU, RAM and internet speed are potential contributing factors.

There's also ABP, as someone else mentioned. I haven't had to resort to that yet, though. Glad it fixed your problem.

I'm running Chrome but it's an older computer that no doubt needs upgrading in the near future.

Thanks to all for the help.

Most of the stuff at work is locked down so I can't install it myself. I was surprised to see the adblocker could be installed as an extension for chrome.

Wait. You're browsing HM from work? For-shame...;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back