• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked My (Our) New Worst Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with wcbsas. Callahan is a good grinding position coach, and will help my Cowboys run the ball, but he is not a credible Head Coach and has flopped twice as the top dog.

If you want some proof, just watch how bad the Jets offense will be this year without him. The Jets could always run the ball even with Sanchez's pitching woes. The reason is BC.

I'll gladly take BC back as our o-line coach and let Barney go.

BC is a line genius, and the SOB could recruit!

I'm not sure why you think Callahan is a line genius. There were only two teams in the NFL last season that averaged fewer yards per carry than the New York Jets (only 3.8 ypc), and they ranked 22nd overall in rushing yards per game. They weren't much better when it came to sacks allowed, ranking 20th in the NFL. You'd think an offensive line genius would at least be able to finish in the top half of the league in some categories.

I also don't know why you think he was a great recruiter, or any more special than the people we have on staff now.

The man left our beloved football program in complete disarray, and you would take him back as a replacement for ANY staff member? The ONLY position I'd hire him back for would be to sell Runzas at the stadium. And only because I don't like Runzas. Because he'd probably screw that up, too.

Callahan has had success in the NFL. He doesn't have to teach or develop youngsters. He is more of a coordinator of already developed talent. A mans gotta know his limitations. Besides they (the NFL) won't let him bring his BFF (Cosgrove) with him to the show.

I don't understand the venom for Callahan. He was wasn't a good hire.....blame the AD for that. Blame the AD for building a toxic culture that alienated former players and fans alike. Harvey Perlman has done some great things for UNL, but he also shares a measure of blame in that fiasco. He hired SP, evidently wasn't aware of the toxic culture brewing and foolishly renewed the AD with a 5 year contract that cost the university 2.2 million dollars to buy out just a couple of months after the renewal. I wouldn't say I'm a Callahan fan, but I wish him well in the NFL which is where he belongs.

I don't understand the venom for Callahan. He was wasn't a good hire.....blame the AD for that. Blame the AD for building a toxic culture that alienated former players and fans alike. Harvey Perlman has done some great things for UNL, but he also shares a measure of blame in that fiasco. He hired SP, evidently wasn't aware of the toxic culture brewing and foolishly renewed the AD with a 5 year contract that cost the university 2.2 million dollars to buy out just a couple of months after the renewal. I wouldn't say I'm a Callahan fan, but I wish him well in the NFL which is where he belongs.
This seems resonbable

I'll gladly take BC back as our o-line coach and let Barney go.

BC is a line genius, and the SOB could recruit!

I don't have any ill will toward Callahan, really. He said some annoying things on the way out but the fans here weren't exactly nice to him.

But as far as replacing Cotton...I'm not sure this is the most appropriate thread for Barney criticism. It's not really a realistic scenario for an OC at arguably the top NFL franchise to drop to coaching half a position group in college.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back