• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

My current position on Husker season 2022

it really depends on if we continue to kill ourselves with penalties..at this point it doesn't look good for that being cleaned up. We left 21+ points because of penalties yesterday. That will quickly lose a game for you.

I think we will be lucky to win 3 of the remaining games, but we shall see what happens.

Which 4-5 games do you see us winning?
MSU, Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue, and one additional big upset possibly. I could be wrong, but if they play them like they did Buffalo, they have a shot. Let’s not forget, before Buffalos Coach left, they were a top 25 team.

MSU, Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue, and one additional big upset possibly. I could be wrong, but if they play them like they did Buffalo, they have a shot. Let’s not forget, before Buffalos Coach left, they were a top 25 team.
MSU will be interesting to watch this weekend v. Thug U.

NW is nearly impossible to peg but they always play us hard.

Minny played well against OSU.

Purdue...we should win.

Maybe we get an upset but more likely than not we lose at least one of the above 4 games. I'm guessing we beat MSU and Purdue. Those might be our only additional wins this year.

MSU will be interesting to watch this weekend v. Thug U.

NW is nearly impossible to peg but they always play us hard.

Minny played well against OSU.

Purdue...we should win.

Maybe we get an upset but more likely than not we lose at least one of the above 4 games. I'm guessing we beat MSU and Purdue. Those might be our only additional wins this year.
Fair points. Here are some other considerations...

MSU...Coaching change....Only notable win is versus Northwestern. Northwestern's only notable win is against Indiana State.

Northwestern: See above, I also think its a crap shoot, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet we come out on top this year. Boys are going to play hard because they don't like losses, especially in this column.

Minny: Played well against OSU, when they had Ibrahim. Changes a lot for them. Since then, they barely beat Miami of Ohio.

Purdue: Not sure this is as much of a shoe in as we might think. Seems they have no problem scoring. I do think our defense presents a large problem for Plumber, who is not much of a scrambler. Should still win.

I hope I am wrong, but I would say it would be luck if the Huskers end up winning more than 2 more games left on the schedule.

@ OU - very unlikely they win in Norman
@ MSU - I do not see a win at
Northwestern - Like has been mentioned previously, always plays hard against the Huskers
Michigan - I do not see a win. Even though it is in Lincoln
@ Minnesota - I do not see coming away with a win
Purdue - is a toss up
tOSU - not seeing a win
@ Wisconsin - they seem to have the Husker's number no matter what
Iowa - toss up possibly, but likely another loss.

The other thing to look at, with all the speculation, and now the firing of Helton, if the Huskers go on a four game skid, does Frost survive to even coach the Minnesota game? And if not, then what happens the rest of the way out.

Like I opened with, I hope I am wrong about this. I really do. I would love for the Huskers to go on a tear on an 8 game win streak, that would be great. I just do not see enough wins in this schedule to get to 6 games.

Last edited:
I hope I am wrong, but I would say it would be luck if the Huskers end up winning more than 2 more games left on the schedule.

Northwestern - Like has been mentioned previously, always plays hard against the Huskers
Purdue - is a toss up
tOSU - not seeing a win

The other thing to look at, with all the speculation, and now the firing of Helton, if the Huskers go on a four game skid, does Frost survive to even coach the Minnesota game? And if not, then what happens the rest of the way out.

Like I opened with, I hope I am wrong about this. I really do. I would love for the Huskers to go on a tear on an 8 game win streak, that would be great. I just do not see enough wins in this schedule to get to 6 games.
I think if our beloved Huskers pull six wins out of this season,it will be a miracle on the scale of Moses parting the Red Sea.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

thinking NU will be dogs in either 7or 8 of the remaining 8 games after OU, might be favored over Purdue. All are B1G games. What is NUs win % when they are dogs? :O O:

Last edited:

Purdue - is a toss up
tOSU - not seeing a win

Good thoughts, a better question is if he gets 5 wins, does Frost stay?

Purdue - is a toss up
tOSU - not seeing a win

Despite you saying that you hope you are wrong, you really think Nebraska will go 2-10?

Purdue - is a toss up
tOSU - not seeing a win

I know you are not saying this but looking at your breakdown Nebraska is not going to go 2-10 this year. Nebraska will not go on a four game losing streak. Why are you stating you do not see a win against Sparty? Not arguing but just wanted to know what led you to that definitive of a statement?

Alberts will not fire Frost during the season. Regardless of how the season turns out I don't see Frost at all being fired. If it comes down to it, Alberts will make him do A, B, and C before any discussion of a firing.

I am more optimistic this team can get to six wins this year if not more as between Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa, they will beat one of those teams.

@True Husker, I think if Frost gets 6 wins he stays. I think a Bowl Game may be the bottom rung here. Just my opinion is all, nothing to base that on.

@FBWHEEL, For MSU, since it is an away game, I am not sure the Huskers will be able to maintain the emotional level when something bad happens. What was said in this thread (maybe another thread), the team does not seem to bounce back all that well when mistakes keep piling up. That is why I think the away games are going to be difficult to win. They will get down, make mistakes and keep spiraling. If it was at Lincoln, then maybe they pull off the win, but on the road, just not sure.

And I hope that Nebraska does not go on a four-five game losing skid. If they do, I am not sure what Alberts does in that situation.

Hopefully things change this year, the team starts to get "it" and starts cruising, minimizing the mistakes, and wins enough to play for the Conf Champ. That would be great. And to be clear, I am not cheering for a losing season, I want the Huskers to win. I want them to be dominant and push other teams around.

I hope we get away from Norman without significant injuries. Try though I might, and as much as I trust the opinon of HIOkieland, I see no way for us to beat them.

The only thing that gives me hope is that Tulane played them close all the way. I don't think Tulane is supposed to be very good, and Sagarin ranks us higher.

But Vegas says OU is more than three touchdowns better than the Huskers. They usually are not that far off the mark.

Doesn't look good.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back