• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked my biggest issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahuskers

Recruit
10 Year Member
Thought I would post my biggest issues that I see with the program. No, I dont recommend any head coaching changes or anything like that. These are just my thoughts. I was at the game in Indy Saturday night and I left completely shell shocked.

in order of importance

1) no ingame adjustments to what the other teams are doing successfully. Offense and Defense.

2) we seem to go away from something when it is/was working.

3) bad angles on defense and poor tacking ( happened most of the year ).

4) our lack of depth....which gets me to # 5.

5) we NEVER play or develop backups, why was Martinez in the game when it was 63-17????????.

6) it seems every year for the last 5 we have 1 or 2 embarassing losses that hurts the program bigtime on a national level.

These can all be corrected but I see them as some of our biggest issues going forward. It scares me to think what our recruiting will be like in 5 years if we continually have 2-3 games every year that are totally embarassing. I am a man who always sees the glass as half full and I dont mean to come across as negative. I dont claim to know more than any coach. Pelini is a smart man in a big time job. I just cant figure out why we see these implosions happen every year. We have to get it figured out. I have never felt so helpless at a sporting event as I did on Saturday night.
any disagreements/agreements with my post, fire away :)

Last edited:

I'm not sure how you can say we don't make ingame adjustments after all the huge second half comebacks this year. Sorry I didn't read any more after #1 didn't make any sense.

I'm not sure how you can say we don't make ingame adjustments after all the huge second half comebacks this year. Sorry I didn't read any more after #1 didn't make any sense.

500+ rushing yards leads me to believe we didnt make any adjustments. How does that happen? That is the most ever against the Huskers. You would think at some point we would just stack 8 in the box and force a throw? What did we have to lose. That is what I meant by ingame adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back