• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MW was suspended first half

It was marijuana.
There was NO marijuna found......... period! There is a difference hence the different charge.

Washington,19, was cited with possession or use of drug paraphernalia after an officer found a pipe with marijuana residue, but no marijuana was found, police said.

There was NO marijuna found......... period! There is a difference hence the different charge.

Maybe you should try bolding the entire statement.
The officer found a pipe with marijuana residue. That means all the marijuana had been smoked.
C'mon. This isn't rocket science junior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you should try bolding the entire statement.
The officer found a pipe with marijuana residue. That means all the marijuana had been smoked.
C'mon. This isn't rocket science junior.
Please spare me as I'm a 30 LEO and probably a tad more experience on this subject. There is a DIFFERENCE in the charge. You can't be charged with possession when there isn't any found! End of discussion.

Please spare me as I'm a 30 LEO and probably a tad more experience on this subject. There is a DIFFERENCE in the charge. You can't be charged with possession when there isn't any found! End of discussion.
Exactly. There was none found because it all had been smoked. If you're really a LEO, then you know there has to be a presence. Residue is enough to show presence, but they can't charge on residue, so it goes to "paraphernalia". If you can't distinguish this, maybe you should turn in your badge.

Exactly. There was none found because it all had been smoked. If you're really a LEO, then you know there has to be a presence. Residue is enough to show presence, but they can't charge on residue, so it goes to "paraphernalia". If you can't distinguish this, maybe you should turn in your badge.
I forgot more then you know about it but thanks for the legal advice.

I've met so many Leo's that don't have a clue. You see, I use medical marijuana. I love the police but I crack up at those who flash their credentials and somehow think that badge signifies knowledge of every single subject on earth. Whatevs dude.

If you're such an expert on the issue, then you'd know that it being his first offense in Nebraska, he could have had up to an ounce of marijuana and still only received a citation for "paraphernalia". The amount matters. Go back to class.

As a college athlete you live in a fishbowl mentality, everybody watching. You don't associate with drug users nor place yourself in the presence of company that might possess such. Literally players are under similar conditions of probation:
1. obey all laws
2. no disrespect
3. attend school every day, every class, no misconduct
4. subject to random drug screening
5. no intoxication in the public eye
6. report all contact with LEO

If you're such an expert on the issue, then you'd know that it being his first offense in Nebraska, he could have had up to an ounce of marijuana and still only received a citation for "paraphernalia". The amount matters. Go back to class.
Give it rest Francis! You misstated what he was charged with period. I was simply pointing out there is a difference in the charges. So back to your Boston Legal show.........

FWIW I never claimed to be an expert on Nebraska drug laws as I was state a cop in Connecticut.

Last edited:
Give it rest Francis! You misstated what he was charged with period. I was simply pointing out there is a difference in the charges. So back to your Boston Legal show.........

FWIW I never claimed to be an expert on Nebraska drug laws as I was state a cop in Connecticut.
No, but you did claim to have forgotten more than I know about the matter. Obviously you were wrong on that.

You just admitted you were a cop in Connecticut and don't know the laws in Nebraska. So, maybe you should have just thought about that before coming on here flashing your badge and acting like you knew what you were talking about.

It's always best to not act like you're an expert on something you're not. Saves any backpedaling later on.

Huskers have been smoking pot for decades and was probably more prevalent in the past than now. I know a current Regent and former All Big 8 monster back very well. He talked about being on the team bus for the KSU game in the late 70's (can't remember if it was on the way to or back). He said there were guys in the back of the bus smoking pot with the windows down. No one did anything about it. Different times I know but forgive me if I don't get up in arms about some pot.

We hired a coach with amazing character so that he could take young men and mould then into great men. If we expect every recruit Frost and Co. to bring in to be a choir boy with 4.2 speed, we’re in for a rude awakening.

If Frost still has trust in a player, then so do I. And when Frost feels its time to cut ties, I trust his judgement. Until then, it’s really much ado about nothing.

then you'd know that it being his first offense in Nebraska, he could have had up to an ounce of marijuana and still only received a citation for "paraphernalia". The amount matters.

For your information; I was busted for less than an ounce of pot and was charged with "possession of marijuana" not with paraphernalia. The amount didn't matter.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back