• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MW was suspended first half

Mo is who he is. He is a product of his genetics and his environment. Maybe he needs help that the structure of a football team can give him and HCSF is trying to help him by keeping him eligible. Not surprising that when he doesn’t factor much into a win posters turn on him. I bet the dialogue would be different if Mo was running down the sideline for a score vs CU. Not a lot of tolerance on here. You are asking a bit much of the guy to ignore all that is troubling him because of an opportunity you would have loved to have had.

Mo is who he is. He is a product of his genetics and his environment. Maybe he needs help that the structure of a football team can give him and HCSF is trying to help him by keeping him eligible. Not surprising that when he doesn’t factor much into a win posters turn on him. I bet the dialogue would be different if Mo was running down the sideline for a score vs CU. Not a lot of tolerance on here. You are asking a bit much of the guy to ignore all that is troubling him because of an opportunity you would have loved to have had.
I was highly defensive of him early in the year. He has had nearly 2 years under Frost and still continues to make bad choices. No one is a product of their genetics or environment. They are a product of their choices. I hope he turns it around, but he's had numerous opportunities and continues to piss on them. That's on him and no one else.

He IS a product of his genetics and his environment. We can't change our genetics or our current circumstances, but we can each make choices, given the circumstances. Whatever demons are haunting MW, he can choose to let them control him, or he can buckle down and make the best of his situation -- and that starts by giving 100% to the TEAM. Not lounging on the bench; not moping around like he's been dealt a bad hand.

Nothing more tragic than wasted talent.

. No one is a product of their genetics or environment. They are a product of their choices.
This is borderline hysterical. What the heck do you think affects the choices he makes? I’m guessing you aren’t cutting him any slack because you had a similar upbringing to Mo. I grew up middle class with both parents who paid for my college education. That is probably why I don’t understand MW as well as you do. The following link will lead you to something that will read like your biography except Maurice will appear where your name should.

. Whatever demons are haunting MW, he can choose to let them control him, or he can buckle down and make the best of his situation --
Apparently, he isn’t strong enough to do the latter.

What pissed me off was that the reason people turned on him is that his problems keep him from helping their football team. And they called him childish!

This is borderline hysterical. What the heck do you think affects the choices he makes? I’m guessing you aren’t cutting him any slack because you had a similar upbringing to Mo. I grew up middle class with both parents who paid for my college education. That is probably why I don’t understand MW as well as you do. The following link will lead you to something that will read like your biography except Maurice will appear where your name should.

[/QUOTE]
So are you telling me that if a human being is raised in a bad environment and with the wrong "genetics" (whatever that means), that they can't know right from wrong or be taught how to make good choices? Is that what you're telling me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, he isn’t strong enough to do the latter.

What pissed me off was that the reason people turned on him is that his problems keep him from helping their football team. And they called him childish!

Mo was dealt a tough hand and I am not minimizing the impact that has on his decision making. At the same time, he has to learn to trust those who are really for him and he has to want something better for himself as much as others (Frost) want it for him. I don't think the reaction to him is about helping the team win so much as he doesn't appear to want to embrace the things that will allow him to be successful at far more than football. There aren't many guys out there who will care more for Maurice Washington as a person than Scott Frost.

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]
So are you telling me that if a human being is raised in a bad environment and with the wrong "genetics" (whatever that means), that they can't know right from wrong or be taught how to make good choices? Is that what you're telling me?
[/QUOTE]
That isn’t what I’m telling you, but it is what you choose to hear.
Sidebar: “genetics” refers to the DNA both parents contribute. And, it IS possible that they didn’t provide Mo with a brain that can differentiate right from wrong. It happens. I am not saying that is what happened in this case.
He can be taught right from wrong. Who is teaching him? He missed the chance for it to be his dad. He may be making the wrong choices by choice, in an attempt for attention or help. He seems to be messed up for reasons I won’t begin to guess. I will not judge him because he isn’t strong enough to overcome his difficult start. I’m guessing you are holding him to your high standard and he hasn’t proven to be as good a human being as you are. Some of us won’t be.

No, a dui doesn't make him a thug. But seriously, if you think a dui is all that's wrong with him then nothing I say will help you understand.
Why don't you tell us what's wrong with him since you are "done" with him. I don't remember SF sharing any specifics on the most recent suspension...it could be as simple as skipping a few classes. Not sure why everyone is writing this kid off over this, we knew he was a head case when we were recruiting him.

I was highly defensive of him early in the year. He has had nearly 2 years under Frost and still continues to make bad choices. No one is a product of their genetics or environment. They are a product of their choices. I hope he turns it around, but he's had numerous opportunities and continues to piss on them. That's on him and no one else.
Specifically, what bad choice did he make that has you writing him off, while the choice was not bad enough to get SF to do the same?

It is hard for me to believe much of the discussion here. It seems that many fans are writing off a player that is still on the team, because of presumed bad choices and a little sulking. I'll stick with him until the team/coaches give up on him or the courts take him away.

[/QUOTE]
That isn’t what I’m telling you, but it is what you choose to hear.
Sidebar: “genetics” refers to the DNA both parents contribute. And, it IS possible that they didn’t provide Mo with a brain that can differentiate right from wrong. It happens. I am not saying that is what happened in this case.
He can be taught right from wrong. Who is teaching him? He missed the chance for it to be his dad. He may be making the wrong choices by choice, in an attempt for attention or help. He seems to be messed up for reasons I won’t begin to guess. I will not judge him because he isn’t strong enough to overcome his difficult start. I’m guessing you are holding him to your high standard and he hasn’t proven to be as good a human being as you are. Some of us won’t be.
[/QUOTE]
No, it's not what I choose to hear, which is why I asked you to expound on what you actually meant so that I could respond. Not a big deal. You have your opinion, and I have mine. So be it.

He needs to take some lessons from Wandale. So far I am really liking the young man and it's more than his performance on field. He is always talking about the team and doesn't make anything about himself. Those are the type of players Nebraska needs. Spielman and A.M. seem to have the same good character as well along with many other players.
Maybe watching Wandale’s success on and off the field has been a contributing factor to his attitude. He may realize he is expendable

So how many chances does he get? You want to talk about people turning on him but what I have seen is the majority saying, after the first incident, is that he made a stupid mistake and excusing his behavior. Now we are at a third incident with him and I don't care if he is on his way to 2000 yards, stupid is as stupid does. You are right, he is who he is and that is someone that still is screwing up despite the tolerance shown by SF and the NU admin. It is not asking to much of him to grow the hell up and act like a damn man who has been afforded a free ride at a major institution despite grade and behavior issues. Time for him to take personal responsibility for his actions and decide if he is going to piss it all away.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back