• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mulligan chance! How many wins do we get this year?

I'm thinking 6 or 7 wins in the regular season based on what I have seen from NU and its future opponents through three weeks. There figure to be a lot of toss-up type of games, so hopefully we figure out a way to start winning some of those. I even put Illinois in the toss-up category since it is on the road. I think we are good enough to beat anyone on the schedule other than Ohio State, but our margin of error is so narrow that I can also see us losing to just about anyone left of the schedule.

For reg season only I said 8 wins (with gusts up to 10), but now I'd say 7. I've upgraded my bowl win likelihood to 80% from 50% though, as we'll get better through the year, barring unusually unfortunate injuries.

Last edited:

Wisconsin’s not that good.

They beat Central Mich and South Florida.

Coan their QB hasn’t been tested and they’ve got injury concerns at DLine and TE. Depth on oline is being tested.

Upset special. Mark it down. Michigan by a TD.
I agree. I don't know what I'd pick for a final score, but I'll be very surprised if Michigan hasn't worn them out and rolled over them by sometime in the early 4th quarter.

I was saying 8. Then before last weekend was down to 6 because I was buying some of the Maryland and MN hype. I also thought Purdue would be better than they appear. Now, I am back up to 7 because I am hoping that the improvement on our side is a trend not an aberration. Given the variety of my picks, I'll have covered most of the possible number at some point in the season and will claim victory.

I said 8 games and am still sticking to it. Wasn't counting on a loss to Colorado, but it happened. No team other than OSU and Wisconsin have looked completely great this year. Just have to keep improving. Even with that said I am still not completely sold on Wisconsin. They have not played anyone very good. Now if they beat Michigan this weekend by a couple of TD and control the game I will take notice.

I said before the season a lot of people needed a reality check. I stand by 8 wins is about tops, I think it will be more like 5 or 6. They were so bad last year, and more was made of the end of the season than was there. It wasn't because of lack of effort, so that tells me it is talent. It's going to take a while.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back