• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mulligan chance! How many wins do we get this year?

Sticking with preseason prediction of 7, maybe 8 if we can catch a break.

I said nine preseason. I still think eight is possible but will predict seven. We're still learning how to win games. I do think we will be a handful for anyone if the OL can achieve mediocrity. The success or failure of the season really comes down to that unit, IMO.

Wisconsin and Ohio State appear to be a lot better than us right now but I'm not completely sold on the Badgers. Taylor is obviously the real deal but they hammered teams they should have hammered. Saturday will be one of those rare days that I root for Michigan.

I hit mine way out of bounds so, instead of a mulligan, I am going to go back to the tee box and play a provisional. From 13 to 10.5. Giving 1.5 for a win vs tOSU or .5 for a competitive loss.

I still think 7-8 is very possible. 9 could happen if Martinez started playing the way we all expect. The teams on our schedule are all as flawed or more flawed than Nebraska. With the exceptions of Wisconsin, Iowa, and Ohio St.

I was drunk on the Vodka spiked Frosty Kool-Aid and bought into the hype predicting 11 wins. The way we are playing through 1/4 of the schedule??

Illinois - W
tOSU - L
NW - L
Minn - L
Indiana -W
Purdue - L
Wisky - L
Maryland - L
Iowa - L

So, I see two more wins - maybe. The defense is playing well enough, but the offense is suffering behind an inexperienced O-Line. Martinez shows flashes or greatness but sometimes leaves you scratching your head. Unless we play more dink and dunk with the ball, get it out of the QB's hands and slow down the rush, 2AM is going to get eatin' alive with some of the BigTen defenses we will face. The running game we have seen will not cut it as the season progresses. If I am wrong, I'm ok with it. But they haven't shown me reason to be really optimistic at this point through three games.

Just my perspective, FWIW.

I originally said 10 but now believe 8 or 9. As shaky as the offense has looked the defense has been a strong point imo. IF we can get our act together offensively the defense is going to be a huge help......

If we only win 7 or less games, I am going to cuss every one of you wankers that seem to be willing us to win 7 games or less, and every single last one of you will be perma banned from my Christmas card list.

I was drunk on the Vodka spiked Frosty Kool-Aid and bought into the hype predicting 11 wins. The way we are playing through 1/4 of the schedule??

Illinois - W
tOSU - L
NW - L
Minn - L
Indiana -W
Purdue - L
Wisky - L
Maryland - L
Iowa - L

So, I see two more wins - maybe. The defense is playing well enough, but the offense is suffering behind an inexperienced O-Line. Martinez shows flashes or greatness but sometimes leaves you scratching your head. Unless we play more dink and dunk with the ball, get it out of the QB's hands and slow down the rush, 2AM is going to get eatin' alive with some of the BigTen defenses we will face. The running game we have seen will not cut it as the season progresses. If I am wrong, I'm ok with it. But they haven't shown me reason to be really optimistic at this point through three games.

Just my perspective, FWIW.

Just curious if you watched any of the Minnesota, Purdue, or Maryland games on Saturday?

I originally picked 8 regular season with 9 after the bowl game. I would reduce that by one in each area as of today.

I bought into the hype and took 9. I'm still bullish on us long term but I think 7 wins is it this year and a bowl game! Hey I'll take it!

Here's my wins:

Illinois
Minny
Indy
Northwestern
Purdue

Unless there's massive improvement in a lot of areas, I don't see us even staying close to Wisky or tOSU. I think we stay close to Iowa but lose, and lose on the road to Maryland.

Of the 14 teams in the B1G, I would rate us around number 9, ahead of these teams: Minny, Indy, Purdue, Illinois, and Rutgers. We are on par with NW, Michigan State. So we are a middling B1G program until the team proves otherwise.

I agree 100% with your assessment, down to the teams we beat and lose to. 7 wins and a bowl would be a vast improvement from the past 2 seasons!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back