• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MSU QB Rocky Lombardi Transfers to N Illinois

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
Yesterday MSU QB Rocky Lombardi announced he's transferring to N Illinois. This likely puts former Temple QB Anthony Russo in the driver's seat to start for MSU next season.

Last edited:

Lombardi sucked, hope Russo isn't a big upgrade.

I know it's "just Temple" but Russo ended his career there with 6,292 yds passing, 44 TDs and 32 INT in 31 games. He was their primary starting QB in 2018 and 2019 when they went 8-5 two straight years. A 3-star guy coming out of HS, he originally committed to Rutgers in May 2015 before decomitting and signing with Temple in January 2016. I don't see any info on whether they actually offered him a scholarship, but he was a good enough prospect to get an in-home visit from Les Miles when he was HC at LSU.

One NFL scout I've read compares him to former OU QB Landry Jones.

I know it's "just Temple" but Russo ended his career there with 6,292 yds passing, 44 TDs and 32 INT in 31 games. He was their primary starting QB in 2018 and 2019 when they went 8-5 two straight years. A 3-star guy coming out of HS, he originally committed to Rutgers in May 2015 before decomitting and signing with Temple in January 2016. I don't see any info on whether they actually offered him a scholarship, but he was a good enough prospect to get an in-home visit from Les Miles when he was HC at LSU.

One NFL scout I've read compares him to former OU QB Landry Jones.
01D91067-F902-46D4-B544-EA33BC908398.png

He must be pretty good.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back