• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MSU Game Food!!

True Husker

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
I would like some ideas on what everyone is cooking since it’s a late game. I want to do some fun appetizers. Any ideas??

My go to is a chili cheese dip. I melt 1/2 block Velveta, and probably 8-10 oz of cheddar, and colby jack cheese (I don't really measure).

I then brown 1 pound each of burger and pork sausage together. I add the meat to the cheese along with a16 oz can of diced tomatoes, a can of black beans, and half a white onion. I mix in the seasoning then. I use the same spices I use when making chili - paprika, cayanne, chili, and garlic. I like things a bit spicier than my wife does so I go a bit like light on the spice and add some hot sauce later.

This makes waaaaaay too much, but I like the leftovers. In addition to just chips and dip I use it to top burgers or eggs.

White Trash Joes...

1 lb Ground beef- cooked
1 lb Ground sausage- cooked (I usually use Jimmy Dean regular but homemade is good too I'm sure)
3/4 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
8 slices Velveeta cheese

Cook the ground beef and sausage. Either together in a big pan or separate. Drain all grease
In a separate pan, melt the butter, milk and 8 slices of velveeta. Add more milk if too thick..(Its simply designed to hold the meat together slightly thicker than regular sloppy joes)
In a crockpot, combine all the ingredients and stir. (Taste..if not 'cheesey enough or too 'loose'...add more velvetta)

Serve with sliders or regular buns. (Serves 8-10 with other appetizers/sides)

You won't be disappointed and it's EASY to make.

Hot Shrimp Dip

3 (8 oz) packages of Cream Cheese
1 medium Tomato chopped
1 medium Onion chopped
1 small can Green Chilies chopped
3 medium Jalapenos chopped (more or less for desired hotness)
6-8 oz of Small Salad Shrimp
Place all ingredients in crock pot and let it meld together.
Serve with Frito’s or regular Corn Chips

Thanks for the ideas! Having trouble choosing, they are all good. Whatever I choose, I’ll be sure to post it in here.

My go to is a chili cheese dip. I melt 1/2 block Velveta, and probably 8-10 oz of cheddar, and colby jack cheese (I don't really measure).

I then brown 1 pound each of burger and pork sausage together. I add the meat to the cheese along with a16 oz can of diced tomatoes, a can of black beans, and half a white onion. I mix in the seasoning then. I use the same spices I use when making chili - paprika, cayanne, chili, and garlic. I like things a bit spicier than my wife does so I go a bit like light on the spice and add some hot sauce later.

This makes waaaaaay too much, but I like the leftovers. In addition to just chips and dip I use it to top burgers or eggs.
Ended up with Smoked chicken and chili cheese dip!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back