• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Most underrated play in NU history

NEB: Chuck Malito 23 pass from Ferragamo (Eveland kick) 7:01

Astro BlueBonnet Bowl against Texas Tech in Houston to end the 1976 season 9-3-1.

Tom Osborne says to one of the regents "Glad we came back and won that"

Regent says "me too Tom, we would have voted to fire you"

And that is how you keep the GOAT on staff.
Skeeto Malito.
Tear away jerseys were useless

It is not a play, but a stat. 56. 56 yards. Frazier in the Orange Bowl against Miami accounted for 56 yards of offense. Net 31 rushing. Net 25 passing on 3 of 5. Yep, the starting QB that wins Osbornes first NC accounted for 56 yards.

TF will tell you he just managed the game. Counted on the D to stop the 'canes and the OL to wear down the canes D

I am going to say Tommie Frazier's 2 point conversion to Eric Alford in TO's first NC. I was at that game. Does anyone know if that was the same endzone where Turner threw my childhood destroying incompletion?

Also, feel free to add more underrated plays. I have a lot I could add, but I'll save them for you all.
"He can't throw! He can't throw! It's tied!" -- Cris Collinsworth

Last edited:
How about the handoff from Martinez to Burkhead then pitch to Abdullah for a TD.

Love the play. Don’t see that hardly ever. Probably too risky for a fumble. Have to execute.

Notice how bad ass the uni’s look with the black socks and shoes? Please go back to that. NU has sucked since it brought back white shoes, and they don’t even look good, at all.

Rex Burkheads fumble in the 2010 Big 12 title game against OU. Driving to tie, or possible go ahead. Bulkhead fumbles a simple handoff, untouched I believe. OU runs out the clock. Still can’t believe NU lost that game. Should have scoreboard on the Dirt Burglers.

How about 1993 Nebraska vs Kansas? Down 20-21 with under a minute left, Nebraska stops a 2-pt conversion and holds on for the win. No NC game vs Fl State if we drop that one.
No. I always felt like that game tainted our season. If you have to rely on a failed 2-pt conversion against KANSAS to keep you undefeated, you don't deserve the NC.

(At least, that's how I felt at the time. My, how the mighty have fallen!)

Or: If we HAD beaten FSU to win the '93 NC, then there would have been no "Unfinished Business" in '94, and possibly no 3 NCs in the next 4 years.

I guess I will add Todd Brown's 2 clutch catches from Turner Gill in the final minute or so against Missourah in 1981. He doesn't make those catches, TO most likely gets shut out for the first time in his career. A heck of a game, barely winning 6-0.

Watch the final drive!

No. I always felt like that game tainted our season. If you have to rely on a failed 2-pt conversion against KANSAS to keep you undefeated, you don't deserve the NC.

(At least, that's how I felt at the time. My, how the mighty have fallen!)

Or: If we HAD beaten FSU to win the '93 NC, then there would have been no "Unfinished Business" in '94, and possibly no 3 NCs in the next 4 years.
I was at that game with a buddy who grew up in Kansas as a KU fan. It was my second Nebraska game ever and first in Lawrence. As we walked into the student union before the game, it was packed with Nebraska fans. The streets were filled just likely a Saturday in Lincoln with Big Red faithful.

Out tickets were in the North end zone, pretty close to the field and that 2 pt conversion happened right in front of us. I could see Trev Alberts calling out the play and directing his teammates where to go. After the attempt was snuffed out by the Blackshirts, my KU friend said he was glad Nebraska won so that we didn't hop in the car and drive straight home. That was a huge stop for my friend since he wanted to go out after the game.

I guess I will add Todd Brown's 2 clutch catches from Turner Gill in the final minute or so against Missourah in 1981. He doesn't make those catches, TO most likely gets shut out for the first time in his career. A heck of a game, barely winning 6-0.

Watch the final drive!

Thank god they scored on 4th and goal and that it didn't come down to a FG. He missed the XP.

Thank god they scored on 4th and goal and that it didn't come down to a FG. He missed the XP.
Totally!!! What a memorable game. I wonder what these guys are doing these days.. like Todd Brown, for example. And Phil Bates, for that matter.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back