• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Most Iconic Run in NU history?

about 29 seconds in.

Not as flashy, but the hip pointer game against Missouri by Rozier was iconic for his toughness

Thanks for posting the video. Several things come to mind:

1. I always loved Rozier's running style. He could elude guys, but he'd just as soon knock them over. Seeing defenders bounce off him was a thing of beauty.

2. Another thing of beauty was the way Turner ran that reverse pivot after he took the snap on the option. No one ever made it look quite that exquisitely perfect.

3. All that misdirection in the option -- perfection! Today's offenses try to create confusion / defensive indecision by spreading out the defense; TO's offense did it all within the tackle box.

I like Goal-line and Prairie Sage’s choices. Another one would be Rozier’s TD against UCLA in ‘83. Probably won him the Heisman.

If I recall correctly, the game announcers mentioned something about Rozier running 60 yds to score a 2-yard TD. I still believe he is the best college RB.

Maybe not the most "iconic", but certainly one of the most important was the 67 yard TD by Joe Orduna late in the 3rd quarter in the 1970 game against USC. They were ranked #3 in the nation and the game, played at their house, ended up a 21-21 tie. I think this served as a wake up call to the rest of the country that the Huskers were the real deal in the march to their first National Championship.

I had forgotten about that play. Probably because the game was so forgettable. Come to think about it, that game was probably the "01 CU game" for me, up to that point in my life. Had never been so embarrassed on national TV (in my mind).
I'm with you on that, age-wise. That was my senior year in high school, and about the only beat down that I could remember Nebraska receiving was the '85 Oklahoma game, but I had assumed that that was coming. TO never had many games that were over at halftime with Nebraska on the losing end, but '85 Oklahoma and '88 UCLA were the first that I was old enough to remember. After that there were two blowout Orange Bowl losses to Miami that were worse than their final scores, the blowout loss to Georgia Tech in the '91 Citrus Bowl, '90 Oklahoma, '93 Orange Bowl (FSU), and '96 Arizona State. Osborne took some whippings. Fans forget that.

Watch the play at the 1:20 mark where Ricky Simmons (#7) comes straight down the line on a crackback block and wipes out two Sooners with one shot. MABC approves!
1:55 Turner Gill hands off and cut blocks in one long motion. The thing about these highlights is that everyone knows that a good block will mean a big gain... need players to see, understand, internalize this sort of action.

1:55 Turner Gill hands off and cut blocks in one long motion. The thing about these highlights is that everyone knows that a good block will mean a big gain... need players to see, understand, internalize this sort of action.
That's been missing for too long. And what really burns me is when other teams execute it against us...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back