• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Most Iconic Run in NU history?

I don’t think it’s iconic at all, other than how Jim Nantz called it. Nebraska was ahead in a rout. The game was over. It was a bunch of dudes falling off of him. Should have been a one yard loss or at most, a 9-10 yard gain. To each their own though I reckon.
:Banghead: I reckon

Last edited:

Absolutely agree. It's hard teach desire, effort and straight up will power. Most kids nowadays just don't have it in them or have never been taught. I'm confident in recruiting and coaching we will see vast improvements in this area. Disclosure: not sure how long we have to wait for it! But I do have confidence in the staff to get us competitive again in these areas.
I am hopeful that the staff will get it going also. It needs to start showing. Natives are restless. Already been one eye opener of a season. I’ll let the first season pass but not last year. It was a s show.

I officially accepted the college football gods are still pissed off at us since the Peterson debacle. The 1 second in Dallas, the curb stoppings by Wisconsin, Ohio ST, Minnesota and Iowa, loosing to non-P5 teams consistently, SF first game getting rained out, spring football canceled this year and possible fall. All due to Steve Peterson pissing off the College Football Gods. They are going to make if very difficult for dear old NU to get back to college football elite.

I don’t think it’s iconic at all, other than how Jim Nantz called it. Nebraska was ahead in a rout. The game was over. It was a bunch of dudes falling off of him. Should have been a one yard loss or at most, a 9-10 yard gain. To each their own though I reckon.

A dictionary would be a good thing to have, but I guess when you're that smart and always right you don't need one.

I didn't see this but I feel it's overlooked. ameer abdullah's run against mcneese state. 54 yards game on the line no quit and and just plows people

Since the definition of "run" seems to be undetermined, the most "iconic run" in the history of Nebraska football was from 1993 to 1997 where we only lost 3 games, won three national championships and were a handful of plays from winning 5 in a row.

Since the definition of "run" seems to be undetermined, the most "iconic run" in the history of Nebraska football was from 1993 to 1997 where we only lost 3 games, won three national championships and were a handful of plays from winning 5 in a row.
That’s a thoughtful way of looking at it. Thinking “outside the box”. Bravo

He had many that were better.

All the arguing aside, just give me 5 better runs by TF than this one. Just 5. Should be easy.

The play right after that run might be THEEEE greatest TF highlight ever....too bad HIO can't use it because its not a run......waa waa waaaaaaaa

So many choices but the Mackovicka run is by far and away the greatest, most iconic run in the history of FOOTBALL...........

that has the worst and least possible video evidence.

Absolutely agree. It's hard teach desire, effort and straight up will power. Most kids nowadays just don't have it in them or have never been taught. I'm confident in recruiting and coaching we will see vast improvements in this area. Disclosure: not sure how long we have to wait for it! But I do have confidence in the staff to get us competitive again in these areas.
One of the comments you'll hear consistently from Osborne-era players is that they felt they had to give 110% effort on every play, every drill, etc. because they didn't want to let down all the great players who came before them, who gave it all for the team.

We are only in the very early stages of setting up that kind of culture -- so early that we shouldn't even count on it happening yet. But the great thing is, we have THE coach who understands what it takes to get there.

The sad part is (looking back, not forward), it takes years and years to get to that level of "anything less than excellence won't cut it", and only a short time to lose it (a la replacing FS with BC).

True, the call (by Nantz or Pavelka) adds to the mystique. But I don't see the UF players quitting; I see them going for the strip instead of wrapping up. They lacked in the fundamentals, and were all about showboating -- like too many of our players today.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back