• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Most depressing loss

wcbsas

All Big 10
20 Year Member

Hard to argue with this article but it caused me to think about this compared to NU.

For me it is January 1st, 1984 … so close to TO‘s first NC.

So I have two questions:

1. What is your most depressing loss all-time?
2. What is your most depressing loss of the SF era?

giphy-2.gif.b098b322ab12e229e44f0e7c41b3a4ef.gif

Last edited:

Hard to argue with this article but it caused me to think about this compared to NU.

For me it is January 1st, 1984 … so close to TO‘s first NC.

So I have two questions:

1. What is your most depressing loss all-time?
2. What is your most depressing loss of the SF era?

Easy, 1996 vs. Arizona State.

We were 2x defending national champs. It's always going to be a surprise the first time you lose after a run like that.

Both losses against the Buffs were the most depressing of the SF era.

Iowa St loss in the Pelini era when the Huskers fumbled the ball like 37 times in one game. Lost 10-9.

Minnesota loss during the Covid year. Gophers were depleted and could have run the ball every down and won the game. Instead, decide to get cute and got out coached.

Just a couple off the top of my head.

Pretty much.

What's really sad is that they just really don't hurt nearly as much after all the years of practice. Never, EVER thought I'd see this in my lifetime. I used to get mad at going to crappy bowlgames. Right now, I'd be giddy over Shreveport.
I read the sentence "five straight years without a bowl game" and almost can't fathom the possibility of that

We lost to VA Tech on the road very late in the game back in the Pelini years, where I had to go out and smoke a cigar afterward. We had the game won, and somehow a VA Tech player slipped behind our coverage and Tyrod Taylor hit him. Never forget the NU linebacker giving chase.

The whole SF affair is been pretty depressing. I thought this guy was the one to bring us back to relevance. Couldn't have been more wrong. Seems like he has very little executive leadership ability, and the coaching is a C- at best.

Maybe by some miracle he is a different guy this year, but I don't think so. We'll have a new staff in here a year from now, getting ready for the 2023 season

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back