• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moses Abraham (formerly Ayegba) brings physical presence

Ellis Boyd Redding

Varsity
10 Year Member
Nice story on Georgetown graduate transfer Moses Abraham (changed last name from Ayegba) and the physical presence he will bring for the Huskers. We are going to need him, especially with Smith out for a while.

The 6-foot-9, 252-pound center joined the Huskers back in April as graduate transfer from Georgetown, where he made his name as one of the most physical post players in the Big East Conference the previous four years. That's why Abraham said he's not the least bit intimidated about taking on the front courts of the Big Ten. In fact, he can't wait for the challenge.

Now with a fresh start at Nebraska, Abraham said he's hoping to get back to the type of player he was when he came out of Progressive Christian (Md.) Academy as a four-star recruit and the 95th-ranked overall player and the No. 11 center in the 2010 class

"Moses, man, that guy is physical," junior Terran Petteway said. "If you see him play, he brings that defensive edge that we really need in the post in order for us to succeed next year. I mean, he goes after every rebound, blocks shots, sets hard screens. "I mean, when you're a guard trying to get around a pick and you see a big guy like Moses coming to set it, you're going to think twice about trying to go over it. He's going to help us out a lot on defense this year."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1690071

His presence will allow the guys on the perimeter to pressure more on defense. Knowing he is inside, he has their back.

I have no idea which Moses will show up, but I'm glad he's on the team.

The last foreign born #12 I can remember is Richard van Poelgeest. He was a role-player on a team with nothing but, still was a crowd favorite. I yelled 'you are open!' at him every time he got the ball at the top of the key for 10 games, finally he shot it once, and got yanked out of the game. Danny Nee was not happy with the student section. :)

Wow... there is a name I haven't thought about in well,,,,,, forever!

I have no idea which Moses will show up, but I'm glad he's on the team.

The last foreign born #12 I can remember is Richard van Poelgeest. He was a role-player on a team with nothing but, still was a crowd favorite. I yelled 'you are open!' at him every time he got the ball at the top of the key for 10 games, finally he shot it once, and got yanked out of the game. Danny Nee was not happy with the student section. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back