• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos on scheduling former conference members

You might be right, how about a home and then neutral sight like arrowhead or something like that where we get part of the money. Just an idea, may not be practical.

Would KU agree to that though? And again, this scheduling is so far down the road for all we know KU will be good again.

Unless KU turns their football program around, which probably isn't likely, the game will not get a good TV slot or channel placement. And playing them doesn't do much to help NU's potential ranking for a bigger bowl or playoff. Okie State is a much better draw for TV and for potential playoff implications.
All of this of course is assuming that nothing much changes from the way things are now, which I admit is a faulty assumption on my part.
I agree with your point on TV and strength of schedule but in a year where we play Michigan and Penn State a softer non-conference can be envisioned without hurting too much - after all KU is a P5 conference school!

I was just responding to the financial perspective point.

When conferences expand again to 16 or 20 team goliaths, it won't matter as much because we'll probably absorb Kansas and/or Oklahoma into the Big Ten West.

I would be PERFECTLY fine with an annual schedule of KU, OU, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Doesn’t this quote beg the question of why the hell are we in the Rust Belt conference to begin with? Imagine, playing other programs regularly “in our part of the country”.

what a novel concept.

View attachment 37763

The Missouri Valley Football Conference makes geographic sense for the Huskers.

And in North Dakota State's down years, the Husker trophy case would have a fair chance to expand.

;)

Last edited:

Careful there... you just offended Indiana's AD.
That AD was still HOT two years later, lol.

Wonder if Frosty would take a mulligan on his entrance to the B1G? Skip the scheduling comments, the we’ll make the B1G adjust to us and the overall arrogance.

#ihopetohellhehashisguys

For me its more than money - its relevance, its the ability to attract coaches & recruits and it is future stability.

Working backwards ... after NU/MU/CU left ... rumors persist and still do so even today of Texas and Oklahoma leaving the B12. It is a midwestern based conference with West Virginia in it! Can you envision a scenario where Michigan and tOSU leave the Big Ten? Can you envision a scenario where UT and OU leave the B12? What would the B12 with Nebraska in it but not UT and OU look like?

NU is part of the 2nd best conference in college football - and the gap between 1 & 2 is much narrower than the gap between 2 & 3. The B1G has had the 2nd most teams in the CFP. It has probably the best bowl lineup. It has more media exposure than any conference. We still lead the West in recruiting ... even with our poor conference performance the last 4/5 years. We are relevant in the B1G and if Frost et al can put a winning product on the field our relevance will only enhance.
Haven’t heard anything of the such in a very very long time. Not sure where you’re hearing this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back