• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos, 8 or 9 wins?

I really believe a bowl game is needed. Most would be cool with a 7-5, competitive. Just something, something, to show he has NU headed northward. Another losing season would be awful. I know it’s a pretty tough schedule, but damn, he needs to show that NU is no slouch either.

If I was just judging Frost by his time at UCF, I would have every reason to believe he'd win 7 games in year 4.

But I am judging Frost by his first three years at NU, and at this point, I have no reason to believe he will win 7 games.

Prove me wrong.

If I was just judging Frost by his time at UCF, I would have every reason to believe he'd win 7 games in year 4.

But I am judging Frost by his first three years at NU, and at this point, I have no reason to believe he will win 7 games.

Prove me wrong.
Hard to argue. I just keep thinking he is gonna get it, and the team is gonna improve rapidly. I’m shocked, I won’t lie, I was one of the 97%. Boom, slam dunk, right? Nearly everyone thought that. I think this is it, he needs to produce something now. I think most “reasonable” people would agree, Scott Frost included.

Hard to argue. I just keep thinking he is gonna get it, and the team is gonna improve rapidly. I’m shocked, I won’t lie, I was one of the 97%. Boom, slam dunk, right? Nearly everyone thought that. I think this is it, he needs to produce something now. I think most “reasonable” people would agree, Scott Frost included.

I was part of the 97 percent for sure.

I've been pretty consistent in what I believe will help this team. 1 a full offseason of work... check as of this Saturday. 2 a slight change in practice habits as far as correcting mistakes at the time vice going at break neck speed no matter what. .... check. Even with a much more challenging schedule as ling as a few key players stay healthy we should be much improved IMO

I've been pretty consistent in what I believe will help this team. 1 a full offseason of work... check as of this Saturday. 2 a slight change in practice habits as far as correcting mistakes at the time vice going at break neck speed no matter what. .... check. Even with a much more challenging schedule as ling as a few key players stay healthy we should be much improved IMO

yes but did they do the navy seals thing with the boats?

Great post and I agree with most of what you said. But lets be honest, if we aren't successful in year 4 with this staff, I don't think the ADs comments are going to come back to haunt him because the masses will be outside North Stadium with their pitchforks looking for both he and Scott's head come November anyway. IMO, it's do or die here. Progress has to be made in the W column. I think all of Husker nation was expecting 8 wins by year four (and lets be honest, much sooner than that). Certainly not an unrealistic expectation at any school or any level.
Well, if they want Moos’s head, they better want their own heads also. They were ALL on board with this. If it doesn’t work out, it’s not Moos’s fault. That’s just straight truth. He did what the unanimous wanted. That’s it. I mean, I certainly can’t blame him, I personally wanted this hire also. Sometimes a steaming pile awaits. Let’s see what happens.

Last edited:

Well, if they want Moos’s head, they better want their own heads also. They were ALL on board with this. If it doesn’t work out, it’s not Moos’s fault. That’s just straight truth. He did what the unanimous wanted. That’s it. I mean, I certainly can’t blame him, I personally wanted this hire also. Sometimes a steaming pile awaits. Let’s see what happens.
I agree. As stated 99% of the fanbase was all for this hire.
Sometimes things don't work out and change is needed. Hopefully that is not the case by the end of the year, but if the team struggles again, it's going to get very hot on that coaches (and AD's) seat, because Moos rides or dies with Scott.

Agreed. We all wanted the Frost hire, and Moos would have been crucified if he had passed over Frost and hired someone else. If it doesn't work out, it is Frost's fault. He has all the resources he needs and has the backing of his AD. If it fails it's due to his missteps, or maybe it means the curse theory is true.... :oops:

Agreed. We all wanted the Frost hire, and Moos would have been crucified if he had passed over Frost and hired someone else. If it doesn't work out, it is Frost's fault. He has all the resources he needs and has the backing of his AD. If it fails it's due to his missteps, or maybe it means the curse theory is true.... :oops:

I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s Frost’s fault. There have been many instances where even hall of fame-type coaches couldn’t get things done in a particular program. For whatever reason, the pH wasn’t right.

Nick Saban - Dolphins
Jimmie Johnson - Dolphins
Chip Kelly - Eagles and UCLA
Harbaugh - Michigan (jury still out)
Parcels - Cowboys
Pete Carroll - Jets
Belichik - Browns

Happens all the time.

I REALLY hope that we see 8-9 wins.. I see MAYBE 7 wins, the 8th could be against Iowa, anything more than that would mean an upset of either OU, OSU, Michigan or Wisky

I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s Frost’s fault. There have been many instances where even hall of fame-type coaches couldn’t get things done in a particular program. For whatever reason, the pH wasn’t right.

Nick Saban - Dolphins
Jimmie Johnson - Dolphins
Chip Kelly - Eagles and UCLA
Harbaugh - Michigan (jury still out)
Parcels - Cowboys
Pete Carroll - Jets
Belichik - Browns

Happens all the time.
Who's fault was it then? Success and failure of a football team resides on the coach's shoulders. Yes every single one of them have failed, and it's okay to say that it was their fault. If you interviewed them, they would tell you they would have done things differently.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back