• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos, 8 or 9 wins?

Just more hype for the hype train

that box car was emptied and the train can’t take off till it’s full

Moos knows a little something about college football and college football teams. He was an all PAC-8 linemen back in the day and has been in athletic administration since 1980. When you are around that long and have watched as many practices and teams as he has, you get a feel for how good or bad a team can be.

Just like in 2019 when he said the goal is 6 wins and a bowl game he knows something. He knew that team was missing some pieces and may struggle some. He knew and most likely Frost knew. Now in 2021 he also knows something. So saying 8-9 wins may not be a stretch.

Wonder how SF feels about Moos putting that number out there in April? Kinda feels like his boss just put him on notice....
I was thinking the same thing. While I don't think Moos was putting him on notice, I think Moos inadvertently set a bar that has bit us in the backside numerous times. It's one of my bigger issues, I probably wouldn't be as frustrated as I am if people closest to the program weren't spouting off things like the below tweets and then telling us something different after it doesn't happen:

I don't blame the staff much when fans eat up what they say. Human nature will have you continue to do the same habits that illicit responses of excitement from the fanbase. But I wish Moos would just say "I expect us to be much improved in 2021" and move on from there.

Reminds me of the guy selling stuff on the sidewalks at the Fair Grounds.

He has what - two more years to go? I think he's trying to make it without SF's head being called for. Saying something more realistic gives energy to those who have hope and heavy desire to return to the past. He's just counting the days and trying to make them less stressful for himself. Now he can say let's see how it plays out, giving him another 8 month toward the end of his contract.

As I remember the earlier poll on this question, even the overly optimistic fan base on this board didn't think 8 or 9 wins was a reasonable prediction

Weird. I posted a new thread about this yesterday, calling it a kiss of death, and the thread was summarily deleted.

But I like the optimism!

Last edited:
I wouldn't have responded with a number of wins as the AD. IMO, Moos already ate crow when he said Michigan and OSU will be running scared the way we have recruited. Fact is, our team has underperformed in recent years so maybe we should just start by beating Illinois and focus on getting to a bowl game. That 8-9 win comment could very well likely come back to haunt us given the strength of the 2021 schedule. You can express confidence in your coach's team in a number of other ways.

I wouldn't have responded with a number of wins as the AD. IMO, Moos already ate crow when he said Michigan and OSU will be running scared the way we have recruited. Fact is, our team has underperformed in recent years so maybe we should just start by beating Illinois and focus on getting to a bowl game. That 8-9 win comment could very well likely come back to haunt us given the strength of the 2021 schedule. You can express confidence in your coach's team in a number of other ways.
This is where i'm at too. It's why I get so mad at that Sipple article where he was talking about the fans stating "show me on Saturdays" and calling Frosts positive comments about his team that have not came to fruition a "misdemeanor infraction". Probably all true, I don't need Frost to tell me "well we may limp to a bowl game this year", but I also don't need Sipple or others acting as if we are in the wrong for just wanting to see it in the fall rather than hear about it in the spring.

Heck, we have a thread about Damion Daniels being in the best shape ever, which there are articles from last year about that theoretically being the case.

Just get to a bowl game.

Great post and I agree with most of what you said. But lets be honest, if we aren't successful in year 4 with this staff, I don't think the ADs comments are going to come back to haunt him because the masses will be outside North Stadium with their pitchforks looking for both he and Scott's head come November anyway. IMO, it's do or die here. Progress has to be made in the W column. I think all of Husker nation was expecting 8 wins by year four (and lets be honest, much sooner than that). Certainly not an unrealistic expectation at any school or any level.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back