• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mon Press Confr. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Was anyone at least a bit suprised as to how composed BO stayed throughout that press confr. the only time he got aggitated was when someone questioned the desire of his team, or players. He was a bit upset about that, and deservedly so. A loss like this in year 1 or 2 woulda sent Coach BO into orbit. There were a few questions that could have set him off, but he kept it reigned in. I guess thats the only good thing that happened in the last 48 hours.

I think Bo might have tempered his expectations on this team with his knowledge that he has a lack of talent and playmakers on defense.

My sense is that Bo is smart enough to realize that an ill-tempered coach on top of a not very good team is a bad combination.

Was anyone at least a bit suprised as to how composed BO stayed throughout that press confr. the only time he got aggitated was when someone questioned the desire of his team, or players. He was a bit upset about that, and deservedly so. A loss like this in year 1 or 2 woulda sent Coach BO into orbit. There were a few questions that could have set him off, but he kept it reigned in. I guess thats the only good thing that happened in the last 48 hours.

Maybe he's keeping things in perspective better than some of our fans. His team went on the road as a 5 point favorite, and ran into a team that was fired up and ready to play. In the end, they got beat by 6.

From reading some of the posts on here, you'd think that we were blown out by 30. Our team had some areas where we looked less than stellar, but fans seem to forget that there are 11 guys on the field for the other team that influence the outcome of each play as well. As a coach, you review the outcome, and head back to practice to fix and move on. We can't spend the next two weeks crying about this game, as Bo so aptly pointed out.

Smoke Eater, I like your assessment here, very even tempered, balanced, but your right, we/he needs to be, he needs to set the tone, emotionally, he cant lose control too often or it loses it effectiveness, then the kids dont know how to react

Maybe he's keeping things in perspective better than some of our fans. His team went on the road as a 5 point favorite, and ran into a team that was fired up and ready to play. In the end, they got beat by 6.

From reading some of the posts on here, you'd think that we were blown out by 30. Our team had some areas where we looked less than stellar, but fans seem to forget that there are 11 guys on the field for the other team that influence the outcome of each play as well. As a coach, you review the outcome, and head back to practice to fix and move on. We can't spend the next two weeks crying about this game, as Bo so aptly pointed out.

I totally agree. People were comparing this loss to OSU or TT in the Callahan era....and though we gave up a ton of yards, we only lost by 6 and held them to 12 second half points......but you would think we lost 70-10 the way some people are reacting.....but, I agree, our D needs ALOT of work!!

Well said.

Kenny Bell after the UCLA game said "The sky will be falling in Lincoln, but we'll work through it." Good to see some perspective from a 20 year old.

Kenny Bell after the UCLA game said "The sky will be falling in Lincoln, but we'll work through it." Good to see some perspective from a 20 year old.

It's not the loss just by itself. It's the fact that they had some of the same problems last year, and they are repeating this year. I'm not sure if Bell has that perspective.

It's not the loss just by itself. It's the fact that they had some of the same problems last year, and they are repeating this year. I'm not sure if Bell has that perspective.
This. And the year before. It's not the loss that concerns me, it's the similar problems over multiple season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back