• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mo Washington not on depth chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

POPS I also hope he gets it together before he ends up like another running back by the name of Phillips. I wish I could say that with age comes wisdom but I have seen it just the opposite too many times. I do hope he proves me wrong.

Monday Presser:
On whether there is anything different Coach Frost would do in handling Maurice Washington's situation over the last two seasons

"No, I wouldn't do anything different. I wish things would be a little different. Listen, Coach Osborne was this way. He wasn't quick to crumble kids up and throw them away. Some of the kids that are in some of those situations, if they're gone out of this program, that road doesn't lead to very many good places. As long as I'm here, I'm going to try to help these young men as much as I can. That's the promise I make to their parents when I sit in their living room and tell them we're going to try to help them no matter what. There's certain things that they know if they do, I'm not going to help them and they're on their own. But I want what's best for all these guys, so we're going to try to continue to help them as long as they can be helped, and there always comes a point where you have to throw your hands up and say, we tried. But until then, we want to do what's right by them because I think that's the right thing to do. We certainly tried to do everything we can for Mo, and hopefully it works out well."

Frost has bent over frontwards to accomodate this kid. MW is not reciprocating by rewarding SF with hard work.

toss MW aside.
Unfortunately and fortunately that will have to be done. Very talented kid with a week mindset. Kind of like Aaron Green, a 5 star RB recruit that ended up walking away from the team because he was a headcase that didn't like to work hard. Ended up being a great running back at TCU, but not something we needed on our team. I think MW might be headed down that path as well

Last edited:
Was told from a person in the know, he was not going to class, not going to the training room to get healthy and late to meetings. Hope he gets his life figured out. Unfortunately he seems to have wasted a golden opportunity.
I would almost say a platinum opportunity, a step ahead of golden. This guy had his coach do everything in his power to allow him to get a great education, and be the starting running back for our team, even with his off field issues. MW has done absolutely nothing for HCSF in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back