• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mo Washington not on depth chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that's entirely accurate. I was told by someone knowledgable that he basically refused to run inside even when the play called for it. That's simply not going to cut it when it happens 4 or 5 times in a row. This situation might have been a distraction if Mo wasn't following team rules. HCSF has to make sure the tail isn't wagging the dog which to some extent seemed to be the case.

I wish him well and hope he gets himself straghtened out because he has some great talent imo.
Could very well be the case, but my hunch is that ther is more to the story.

I don't think tossing him aside is the right answer. But kicking him off the team may be the wakeup call he needs to straighten out his life. And the wakeup call the team needs.

Holding him accountable, after many second chances, is the right thing to do.

He’s gotten a lot of rope and really hasn’t taken advantage of his chances.

As a Nebraska student or athlete or not, I wish him well.

He’s got a lot of life yet to lead and I hope he gets things figured out.

Could very well be the case, but my hunch is that ther is more to the story.
You aren't far off. A lot of people thinking we just had enough and forget that a kid can also remove himself from the team just as easily as he can be kicked off.

There have been so many things that have happened with Mo i'm not sure which side this falls on. But I know we've had to "bring him back" a time or two.

Was/is MW one of those players that wasn't doing things right bu wasn't being fully punished and thus causing chemistry issues?
Kinda goes back to that quote by Geno Auriemma (posted in another thread recently; I forget where). I'd rather lose with a TEAM that was fully bought in, than win with a bunch of 5* players who have "me first" attitudes.

Not sure that's entirely accurate. I was told by someone knowledgable that he basically refused to run inside even when the play called for it. That's simply not going to cut it when it happens 4 or 5 times in a row. This situation might have been a distraction if Mo wasn't following team rules. HCSF has to make sure the tail isn't wagging the dog which to some extent seemed to be the case.

I wish him well and hope he gets himself straghtened out because he has some great talent imo.

If he's doing everything else perfectly, then maybe you give him some slack, but even just the problem of not running inside should be more than enough for him to lose his job ---- the IZ is the cornerstone to so much of what Frost wants to do. If you have a back that doesn't get it, they can go run sweeps for someone else's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back