• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MN WR Bateman Opts Out Of The Season

Fine young man that I've seen through games and actions. I don't view this as anything wrong with the Gophers, and maybe is a positive spin. The young man was awesome on the field and stood up for what he believes in off. Good luck because there is a whole heck of a lot more to life then catching a pigskin for some old aged people parked in front of the tv and complaining on some football forum the other 6 days. (talking about me)

This obviously helps NU if the Minnesota game happens in a few weeks. We still better figure out a way to stop Ibrahim from running all over us though. Again, all assuming the Minnesota - NU game is played 16 days from now.

I’m a little skeptical if Minnesota‘s team even plays another game. Hopefully they’re able to do so. Especially frustrating would be if Nebraska sat home again because of it.

Fine young man that I've seen through games and actions. I don't view this as anything wrong with the Gophers, and maybe is a positive spin. The young man was awesome on the field and stood up for what he believes in off. Good luck because there is a whole heck of a lot more to life then catching a pigskin for some old aged people parked in front of the tv and complaining on some football forum the other 6 days. (talking about me)
I absolutely disagree with this ... Minnesota has been so Jekyll and Hyde about playing this season. It’s starting senior QB was quoted as saying we shouldn’t be playing this year.

Minnesota is much better than their record but it is a collection of kids who simply do not want to be playing this year.

I predict that PJ Fleck is gone after this season for another job somewhere else.

I’m a little skeptical if Minnesota‘s team even plays another game. Hopefully they’re able to do so. Especially frustrating would be if Nebraska sat home again because of it.
I unfortunately think you’re right.

I know everyone likes to look for leaks in Fleck's boat, but I'm not sure this is any evidence at all for a leak. With the way the season is falling apart here towards the end, it is probably just as well for the kid to consider his future.

As the season goes on the odds of two games being cancelled the same week get better, which means the odds of catching another team forced to sit out improves. Wouldn't it be something if that just happens to be the same week Wisconsin's opponent has to call the game and they have an open week.

I know everyone likes to look for leaks in Fleck's boat, but I'm not sure this is any evidence at all for a leak. With the way the season is falling apart here towards the end, it is probably just as well for the kid to consider his future.
This particular incident in and of itself ... no probably not but there is so much more.

This particular incident in and of itself ... no probably not but there is so much more.

What are the other leaks? I'm just curious... I'm not really paying too close attention to the Gophers. I do know that Fleck has got them winning some ball games..... and to this point appears to have done a better job with their program than SF has with the Huskers.

What are the other leaks? I'm just curious... I'm not really paying too close attention to the Gophers. I do know that Fleck has got them winning some ball games..... and to this point appears to have done a better job with their program than SF has with the Huskers.
I know every year is new and different but this team won 10 games. This year practically the same team is getting blown out.

Secondly their QB was quoted during the August turmoil as saying he didn’t think the conference should play this season.

Bateman opting out then in and now back out is a real sign that the team is in turmoil. IMO.

I know every year is new and different but this team won 10 games. This year practically the same team is getting blown out.

Secondly their QB was quoted during the August turmoil as saying he didn’t think the conference should play this season.

Bateman opting out then in and now back out is a real sign that the team is in turmoil. IMO.

I guess I just don’t see any of it as turmoil.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back