• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLS 2016

jikastew

15 Year Member
It's never too early to begin this thread!

Season starts in 2 months. I have season tickets this year.....yea me!

The draft is tomorrow, I think.

SKC signs two VERY intriguing players in the offseason. First, and I did a triple take when I saw it, was Brad Freaking Davis. Understand, SKC fans HATE this man. And they hate him because (1) he comes from Houston, who we really dislike, and (2) He plays tough and loves competing against everyone and shows it. Now, the dude is getting older, but me thinks he was convinced to sign because he's from STL and he will be first off the bench with significant starts given the amount of games these guys play next year. SKC simply ran out of man-power last year, which was of absolutely no surprise given they didn't fill their roster. Great signing IMO.

Second they grab Justin Mapp. 31 years old and fading. But he can still pass on a dime. He's a role player and should be a numbers player, for the same reason noted above. I'm not jumping up and down over this signing, but it's better than running out of players again.

SKC now has it own farm club, as the newly formed Swope Park Rangers take over for OKC. Another really good move. It keeps the younger players close and gives the 1st team full control over training, etc.

Superdraft 2016. Who goes first? Yaro, Harrison, Vincent........ or (my fav) Herbers from Creighton? Herbers stock is skyrocketing and he's a proven goal scoring machine at the college level and is projected at the top-rated forward. A side note here, Herber's favorite MLS team is SKC. Hmmmmm......

Last edited:

SKC's Palmer-Brown loaned to Porto for the remainder of their 2016 season.

Good move for both. Looks like he and John Terry will be coming to KC about the same time.;) Man, Besler could use a little tutoring after watching the USMNT yesterday.

Jika, do you have any insight on what happened with Nemeth? Him going to a team in Qatar was so out of left field. It sounded like it was over money, and I'm sure teams in Qatar are throwing money at anyone interested, but I can't imagine playing in Qatar is a great long-term career move.

Jika, do you have any insight on what happened with Nemeth? Him going to a team in Qatar was so out of left field. It sounded like it was over money, and I'm sure teams in Qatar are throwing money at anyone interested, but I can't imagine playing in Qatar is a great long-term career move.

SKC didn't want to pay top dollar for a guy with one above average season. I loved him attacking, but he was lazy on defense. If you're going to be that worthless on defense, you better be one of the absolute best offensive weapons in the league. He was a good weapon, but in the end, SKC wasn't going to pay him top dollar for what they saw last year. I also think they like Quintilla just as much as Nemeth and Quin is 5 years younger and apparently has half the ego. But ego wasn't his problem; I think he has a healthy ego, if that makes sense. In the end, he'll get paid over 2X as much AND be allowed more Euro national opportunities.

Last edited:

Opening day today.

RSL vs Orlando. Real is a mes short now because of a short sighted owner. He bought the teams several years ago and has made one bad decision after another.

Oh and Direct Kick is Free from today (March 6) through March 15.

Last edited:
RSL with an opening day win over Orlando 2-0. Officiating was horrendous. Each team with a red card and overall a poorly called inconsistent game. Shea continued to show why he is not an international caliber player with a stinker of a game for Orlando. Yet there is chatter he may be part of the USMNT upcoming home and away WCQ with Guatemala.

Jermaine Jones took a HUGE pay cut to sign with Colorado. Truth be known know one else was willing to pay him more than the $500K he got. Madec lose to $3.5M each of the past few seasons with New England. No interest in any top league in Europe either.

Last edited:
RSL with an opening day win over Orlando 2-0. Officiating was horrendous. Each team with a red card and overall a poorly called inconsistent game. Shea continued to show why he is not an international caliber player with a stinker of a game for Orlando. Yet there is chatter he may be part of the USMNT upcoming home and away WCQ with Guatemala.

You left the game early...2 late goals by Orlando for a 2-2 tie.

I agree they looked horrible.

Season tickets this year and I have to miss the first 2 SKC games because of vacation. I suppose that's a decent reason.

SKC 3-0-0 to start the season WITHOUT Benny.

Coelho has been a difference maker. He allows Besler to play like we know he can. What a signing thus far. Having Espinoza back in mid has been amazing, allowing Mustivar to really shine again. SKC has some promise, though it's soooo early.

Unless something changes, I'm pretty sure Zusi is done. He's just a non-factor again this year so far.

Davis. What can I say? Hated him until we signed him. Game winner just bought him the adoration of KC.

Fullbacks - so early to tell. We have such deep experience pairing with really young promise. No one looks great so far, but I think how they develop this year will determine how well SKC advances. That and injury. We played with only 2 somewhat healthy CBs most of last year. Now we appear to have 4 who can give quality minutes.

SKC has depth. Something they haven't had for 2 years. Except for Dwyer. Losing Nemeth hurt, because I'm not sure who plugs in if he gets injured. Luckily, that dude just keeps going and going.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back